Display prices as $x.00-$x.00

I offer volume discounts on many of my products, and when browsing by category it would be nice if the price could display as a range from lowest to highest.

I get at least one call or e-mail a day asking me if we offer bulk discounts even though I have large and obnoxious graphics telling people to click on the individual product to see the bulk pricing.

If CS cart offered this standard (as an option) it would be pretty unique compared to the other carts I have tried.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

[QUOTE]I offer volume discounts on many of my products, and when browsing by category it would be nice if the price could display as a range from lowest to highest.

I get at least one call or e-mail a day asking me if we offer bulk discounts even though I have large and obnoxious graphics telling people to click on the individual product to see the bulk pricing.[/QUOTE]

Nothing outta the box Lauraluc, would have to be a custom code tweak.

I have this same issue on my “todo list” although I would like to have the price displayed on all pages other than the product detail pages as: Price: As Low As $5.00

i am trying to avoid customizations that will make it hard to upgrade so I will put this on the feature requests thread. Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone know how to tweak the code in order to show the price like “from $” ?

I need this mod too!!!

Well, if I were going to do this, this is how I’d approach it:

1. Add a field (display_price_range) to products that would indicate that the product is to display a range of prices versus the single price (checkbox).

2. Use the ‘get_products’ and ‘get_product_data’ hooks and add fields for new elements of ‘low_price’, ‘high_price’ if 'display_price_range is set for the retrieved product). This would (depending on the call) lookup up the minimum and maximum prices in product_prices table and put those values in the product properties.

3. Modify product_data.tpl to be sensitive to $product.display_price_range and $product.low_price and $product.high_price and change the display appropriately. However, you would leave the definition of $product.price alone since this would be display only.

How much would you charge for a mod like this? I think many of us would be interested.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1307747865' post='114697']

Well, if I were going to do this, this is how I'd approach it:

1. Add a field (display_price_range) to products that would indicate that the product is to display a range of prices versus the single price (checkbox).

2. Use the 'get_products' and 'get_product_data' hooks and add fields for new elements of 'low_price', 'high_price' if 'display_price_range is set for the retrieved product). This would (depending on the call) lookup up the minimum and maximum prices in product_prices table and put those values in the product properties.

3. Modify product_data.tpl to be sensitive to $product.display_price_range and $product.low_price and $product.high_price and change the display appropriately. However, you would leave the definition of $product.price alone since this would be display only.

[/quote]

meeee tooooo

I don't discuss pricing in public forums… Feel free to contact me at tonybXX@ez-msXX.com (remove X's) to discuss exact requirements and to get a quote to implement those requirements.