Display category image in category left block

Hello, id like to display the categories image or icon in the left category block (where all the categories are shown in the vertical category menu). So in the simplest explanation id like to fetch the categories image and display it to the left of the text in the category menu block. So the end result would be a category menu with the categories image to the left of every root category in the category menu. Does that make sense ?

Really i just need to know how to include the categories image in my category menu block , does anyone know how ? im guessing its a variable in the form $category.image or {include file=“”}

Thanks

Just to explain this better ive attached an image of the final result id like to get. Notice the left category menu block, theres an image to the left of all the root (top) categories. These are currently all the same since this is just my design not the real thing. Id like each image to represent that individual category. Hopefully this better explains what im trying to achieve.

Thanks

Anyone ? I just need to know how to call the category images …

[quote name='gfxpixeldesigns' timestamp='1258839794' post='61632']

Just to explain this better ive attached an image of the final result id like to get. Notice the left category menu block, theres an image to the left of all the root (top) categories. These are currently all the same since this is just my design not the real thing. Id like each image to represent that individual category. Hopefully this better explains what im trying to achieve.

Thanks

[/quote]

Can you kindly show me the blocks you've desined to see the above output?