Discounts based on Qty

Hi,

How do I offer discounts to a particular user group (wholesale) based on quantity as follows :

10% off - On orders of 5-25 units in a single order.

20% off - On orders of 25-50 units in a single order.

30% off - On orders of 50 or more units in a single order.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thnx

I think this will be done on promotions, did you try that ?

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1311241890' post='117872']

I think this will be done on promotions, did you try that ?

[/quote]

yup. Tried it but I have to create different promotion for each quantity slab which makes it a tedious process. Also I would like to exclude certain products from the discount and provide a separate discount slab for them.

Hello jain19890,

In this case, I advise that you set up a cart promotion by using this instruction in our Knowledge Base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1311243937' post='117878']

Hello jain19890,

In this case, I advise that you set up a cart promotion by using this instruction in our Knowledge Base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

[/quote]

Thanks Anastasiya. The above method is good if there is only a single discount slab if the Quantity exceeds a certain number. But in my case I have 3 different quanity/discount slabs. What I have done now is, I have created 3 different promotions for users belonging to the wholesale group. But now I would like to offer a different discount for certain products. How do I do this? I know there is a condition “If products NOT IN” but that does not seem to work as the discount applies to the order total which includes even the excluded products. I hope you are getting my point. I would be glad if you can show me a workaround for this.

Thank you for the reply, jain1980.

I can suggest that you can set up the qty discounts for the necessary product. In this case, you can set up the necessary price for 1 item, for 2 items and etc. To do it, please take these steps:

1. Log in to the administration panel of your store.
  2. Open the “Products” tab.
  3. Open the “Products” link.
  4. Click on the necessary product name link.
  5. Open the “Qty discounts” tab and set up the necessary prices for the necessary product quantity.
  6. Click the “Save” button.

Please check it and let me know the result.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

[font=“Verdana”]@Anastasia:

Great reply!

This is exactly what we’ve done for our product (with our professional licence).

It’s a great feature, and you can use the EXPORT/IMPORT (exim) to import more rules against other products!

:)[/font]