Disappointed in 2.0.5

The implementation is not very elegant but you can add tabs to the product page. The details can be found at:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=48804&postcount=5[/url]

These work fine in the upgraded site but not in the fresh install of 2.0.5. Also strange that I can do the rearranging of product blocks in the upgraded site but not the stock installation.

Bob

[quote name=‘snorocket’]you guys need to check file permissions or something because all my 2.05+ sites are working as designed…[/quote]

Sno I would love to know your secret. I submitted a ticket and got back “It works properly on our test server.”

Thinking I screwed something up again, I did a fresh install of v2.0.4 and v2.0.5 on the same server with different results. Blocks work as intended in v2.0.4 but not v2.0.5 in the same environment, same install routine, same permissions, same KB instructions.

And worse yet since CS-Cart personnel say it works okay for them I am stuck with a version that does not work properly.

dave have you tried a different browser. I had the same problem in FF but everything worked in IE. I then used Zeke’s fix posted here: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=981[/url], cleared the cache both in the store and browser and since then all works as intended.

I am not using FF3.5 so not sure how that fix is going to help me - I am using FF3.0.1. Don’t need to clear the cache either since I have FF set to do that automatically when I close the browser. I just did another install of CS-Cart v204 and 205 on a remote server just to make sure our server is not the culprit. Same results as yesterday - v204 works fine 205 does not. I deleted everything (files/folders) from /var/compiled) and checked permissions.

Wheew thank goodness! I just tried this in IE7 and it still does not work. Was about to cry thinking it was our server.

So fix or no fix, FF or IE, CS-Cart v205 is broken at least as far as blocks on the product page go. All I can do at this point is dump a weeks worth of work and start over with CS-Cart v204. Damn that was a lot of work wasted.

How the heck do they break something by upgrading???

my blocks are not broken on any of my 2.05 sites, the issue has to be something other then 2.05, if I were to guess it sounds like a permission errors to me…

Dave are you able to right click the ‘edit’ link and open in a new tab?

I did and this is what I got. Why?

related_product_block.jpg

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’] Don’t need to clear the cache either since I have FF set to do that automatically when I close the browser.[/QUOTE]

That is not the same thing. You need to delete the files in /var/cache and /var/compiled.

Thanks Tool, but I already did that. No joy there either.

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]What do you mean you ran another “clean install on 2.0.5” and then upgraded.

That doesn’t make sense to me…how did you install 2.0.5 and then upgrade to 2.0.5???

Care to clarify?:oops::confused:[/QUOTE]

I believe he is trying to migrate his 1.35 database to the 2.0.5 environment via the tool that cs-cart released. I’m assuming he’s finding issues with the tool.

I have the problem with blocks too,

Suddenly, all my blocks (Right, left and some in the center) are disappeared.

The first time when I used the version 2.04

And the second time is version 2.06

I think there is a big problem between the script and database

Working for me now with v2.0.6.

I am not having any problems with tabs in 2.0.6.

Is this a fresh install using a new database? Did you upgrade an existing installation using the Upgrade Center or did you do a fresh install and import existing data?

Make sure your blocks are active in the blocks. I would also recheck that the blocks are enabled and have items assigned in the appropriate products/pages/etc.

Bob