Disappearing Blocks in Block Manager

hmmmmmm ::::fingers crossed::::::

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe someone who’s “been around the cs-cart Block”, can explain how blocks just disappear from the within the blocks manager?

this is what i am experiencing in the block admin areas suddenly. why? does anyone know?

am i alone in the cs-cart world with this issue?

in Manage blocks > Edit Existing Blocks …there is a full grid of blocks to edit and work with.

in Manage blocks > Create New Block …there is another full grid of blocks to “create/edit” with.

HOWEVER…

in the Blocks > Default (tab) > Add Block to the grid … there are now SUDDENLY only 12 blocks to choose from to add in the Default location tab,(none of them the one im looking for) when at last glance there was a full grid of blocks to choose from.(including the one im looking for).

my blocks are gone…

And and there are only 5 blocks to “create a new block” with… where at last glance there was also a full grid of blocks to choose from … oh and when i do try to create any type of new block it doesnt show up in the grid or in the list of blocks to choose from.

who took my blocks and their functionality and where did they take them demmit?? ;)

~B.

p.s. yeah i’ve done the upgrade to 3.0.4 and ever since …headaches headaches, headaches just like this one trying to get my site back to where it was prior to this update…whats up with that??

not solved…am i not posting this in the right part of the forum?

so back to Multivendor edition 3.0.3 and voilà ALL blocks are available just waiting to be used.;)

I’d still like to know if the missing blocks were due to the 3.0.4 update its self or if it could possibly be due to changes that I have made to the 3.0.3…if so …does anyone know what changes would for sure cause that to happen?

It sure would be good to know so i can avoid farther issues …right?

Any info regarding the potential cause of this would be greatly appreciated.

I’d like to be able to update eventually without breaking my cscart.

~B.

Hello BluBT,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we cannot tell what exactly caused this issue in your store. If you wish, we can examine the problem in your store in more detail and let you know its exact cause and how to resolve it. However, in this case our technical support engineer will have to upgrade your store to version 3.0.4 once again. If you agree with it, please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thank you for your reply it is much appreciated.

I found that i did not export the preferred location.xml and i did not place the locations.xml into the active skin.

~B.

p.s. the site is 3.0.4 current.

Hello BluBT,

Thank you for the reply.

I am glad to hear that you have managed to resolve the problem. Thank you for keeping me informed.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team