Disable register account

Hi, We supply to trade only and therefore do not allow general public to see prices until registered which we control from our backoffice system once they have qualified for a trade account.

My questions are:

1. Can the system be configured to not show prices to unregistered users.
  2. Can the register option be removed so retail customers cannot register
  3. Our trade customers do not pay with their orders as they order all week and pay when they get their delivery so can they checkout without any payment.

Thanks for your time.

Phil

This one need a modification.

Hello Phil,

In order to not display product prices for unregistered customers, you should select the “Hide price and the ‘Add to cart’ button” option in the “Allow shopping for unlogged customers” drop-down list on the “Settings: General” page (in the administration panel, go to Administration > Settings). As regards your request regarding disabling the ability to register on the storefront, some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

As regards your third request, a lot of code modifications are required to get it. You can make them by yourself or order third-party development work on this forum or contact our developers using our Customer Help Desk.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I’d just create a Purchase Order payment method and have it simply request their name or some type of signature to verify that they are authorizing the order.

The changes to get rid of registration options are fairly tivial and should take no more than 2 hours to track down and disable. Though cs-cart should be able to do it in 20 minutes with their internal knowledge.

I was thinking about the same thing. Looks like there is two links to register, so It should be easy to comment them out.

Still need to check the check out process for other possible links. But if one is not allowing unregister customers then It should no be a problem.