Disable "Place Order" button when payment information is still "loading"

I want to disable the “place order” button, ie: making the button not clickable, when a user selects a payment method other than the default first radio button and the payment information is being loaded from the payment tpl file.

Reason being, I have some payment methods that require the customer to fill in certain information, and also for me to display the information for that chosen payment method, eg. bank transfer: fill in their expected transfer date, etc.

Currently, it takes very long for the payment information to be loaded, whenever the customer changes the payment method via the radio button at step 4 of one page checkout. (I’ve timed it, its about 14seconds or so, to load the payment information every time another payment option is selected) So the customers just go on to click on “Place order” even before the payment information was loaded.

On HTTPS connection, loading is already slower than normal HTTP connection, and the multiple ajax request to retrieve the payment information takes even longer.

So what I wish to do is:

• when a customer click on eg. the second payment option at Step 4.
  • the “Place order” button will be disabled until the payment information have been loaded into the page.

Any js gurus can help me with this?

nodame,

Youve had alot of views of this postr but no replies.

Yes I want to to exactly this also.

The Bank Deposit method takes too long to load. Customers click “pay now” before its loaded and are directed to Payal Instead.

Perhaps one way would to be able to disable all PMs from being the default and disable the Pay now button until a pm is selected.

We might need to enlist the services of the CScart Help desk for this.

This should be implemented along with the other issues mentioned in the following UserVoice idea:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/539155-simplify-and-improve-checkout[/url]

If you would like to see this implemented, you should vote and leave your specific comments on the UserVoice post.

Bob

Great ideas platform … the voting system is brill’.

Ive voted.

However this is not really a new feature request but just a desire to fix the functionality that should already be implemented. I’m sure only minor code changes are required.

There is definitely a case for users to post their fix/work-around here it one is found.

[quote name=‘remoteone’]

However this is not really a new feature request but just a desire to fix the functionality that should already be implemented. I’m sure only minor code changes are required.

There is definitely a case for users to post their fix/work-around here it one is found.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! Hopefully someone will be able to come up with solution. However, even when (or maybe especially when) there is a user-contributed solution, we need to prod the developers to address this in the core cart - as you said, this should have already been implemented.

Bob

Seriously! We need to figure something out to stop this!!

CS-CART Team listening?

Thanks

[quote name=‘websmart’]Seriously! We need to figure something out to stop this!!

CS-CART Team listening?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

What team? When did one person make a team?