Directory permissions issue/image upload issue

Hey guys,

Sorry for the post, but I cannot just figure it out. I did a clean install of cscart, restored my database, and now I can’t upload pictures. If I try uploading something in the design tab, I get the following error :

Error: Cannot create the file /gw/skins/artificial_casting/customer/images/gwlogomahogony3.png. Please check the directory permissions.

When I upload pictures for a new product, it just doesn’t upload. No error messages or anything, but just doesn’t upload.

Ive checked, and double checked, and triple checked the directory permissions. All are fine. I’ve reinstalled 4 times now, still no luck. I think I know why it is doing it.

I made the site locally on my computer. When finished, I backed up the database, installed a fresh cscart on my web host, then uploaded, and restored the database I made on my local site. Does that have to do with it? If so, what is the proper way of moving that site from local to web? Thanks!

[quote name=‘Chicago-BM’]Hey guys,

Sorry for the post, but I cannot just figure it out. I did a clean install of cscart, restored my database, and now I can’t upload pictures. If I try uploading something in the design tab, I get the following error :

Error: Cannot create the file /gw/skins/artificial_casting/customer/images/gwlogomahogony3.png. Please check the directory permissions.

When I upload pictures for a new product, it just doesn’t upload. No error messages or anything, but just doesn’t upload.

Ive checked, and double checked, and triple checked the directory permissions. All are fine. I’ve reinstalled 4 times now, still no luck. I think I know why it is doing it.

I made the site locally on my computer. When finished, I backed up the database, installed a fresh cscart on my web host, then uploaded, and restored the database I made on my local site. Does that have to do with it? If so, what is the proper way of moving that site from local to web? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hello Chicago-BM,

Most probably the problem is caused by that the web user (apache apache) does not have the corrected permissions on your server. It must have the writable permissions.

As for the site moving, I advise you to read the “Moving CS-Cart installation to another server” article in our knowledge base. [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Thank you.