Different Pricing Levels

Hi,

I've been trying to think of how to setup the below example, but I can't think of a way to do it.

We have a customer who has 3 pricing levels. E.g

Product Price - £10.00

Level 1 User (10% off Product Price) - £9.00

Level 2 User (10% off Level 1 User) - £8.10

I can setup the User groups so there is 10% off the Product Price and then another for 20% off the Product Price which is easy enough, however is there a way to set a discount rule, which is 10% off another rule?

I needs to be the above prices, not the below, which I already have setup.

Product Price - £10.00

Level 1 User (10% off Product Price) - £9.00

Level 2 User (20% off Product Price) - £8.00

Thanks

Hello,

I am not sure what exactly do you want to achieve? If level 1 gets 10% discount, and level 2 gets 20% discounts, can't you just set two separate usergroups and create a separate promotion for each of them? If customer can only belong to one group at a time (he can't be both level 1 and 2 at the same time), it resolves the issue.

If I misunderstood something, please explain problem with more details. Eventually, you can also show screenshots from your store which are showing incorrect results you''re getting.

Best regards,

Robert

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I have not explained it correctly.

Our customer has a 3 tier pricing structure, but they base their pricing on.

Gold Price (Cheapest) > Silver Price (+ 10% of Gold) > Bronze Price (+ 10% of Silver)

E.g. £10.00 > £11.00 > £12.00

I've tried to explain it should work the other ways for carts.

Bronze Price > Silver Price (-10% of Bronze) > Gold (-20% of Silver)

E.g. £12 > £10.80 > £9.60

But this is not how they have their pricing structure setup.

I can't find a way to reverse their pricing structure using the user group discounts to make the prices work.

They would be happy to manully enter 3 different prices for each product, but this doesn't seem to be an option on the cart.

The customer has now reversed the pricing, so this issue is resolved now.

Thanks.