Difference Between Licenses

What is the difference between buying a cs-cart lifetime licenses vs. buying a 1-year Licenses.??

hi,

it is about Multi-Vendor edition:

If you purchase lifetime license, you have to pay only once;

If you purchase 1-year license, you have to pay for it annually.

best regards,

WSA team

Sorry, I ment Cs-Cart Pro edition… They offer both a Lifetime and 1-Year… Multi-Vendor is totally different…

Prices - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and Shopping Cart

We purchased a Lifetime yet you still have to purchase the yealy prolongation… Doesn't make sense to me…

Jay, I'd think of it this way…

If you buy a lifetime license then you own the license for forever and can use it till hell freezes over.

If you buy a 1 year license then you are effectively leasing the license and each year will have to renew the license to maintain full functionality

Not sure if the 1year includes the upgrade prolongation or not (should but I don't know for sure) but with the lifetime you still need to subscribe to upgrade service if you want to stay current.

In either case, to stay current you have to make an annual contribution to the cs-cart retirement fund…

That's my understanding anyway. MVE is pretty much the same model.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1435173861' post='220245']

Jay, I'd think of it this way…

If you buy a lifetime license then you own the license for forever and can use it till hell freezes over.

If you buy a 1 year license then you are effectively leasing the license and each year will have to renew the license to maintain full functionality

Not sure if the 1year includes the upgrade prolongation or not (should but I don't know for sure) but with the lifetime you still need to subscribe to upgrade service if you want to stay current.

In either case, to stay current you have to make an annual contribution to the cs-cart retirement fund…

That's my understanding anyway. MVE is pretty much the same model.

[/quote]

I guess that makes sense. Just the terminology is a little off to me. Must just be me. I'll go back to my corner.

Just need to brush up on your Russian grammer! :-)

Some customers make sales even with using 1x or 2x branch… If you are after every single update there is sure you go for yearly license…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1435172746' post='220242']

Sorry, I ment Cs-Cart Pro edition… They offer both a Lifetime and 1-Year… Multi-Vendor is totally different…

[url=“Prices - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and Shopping Cart”]https://www.cs-cart.com/compare.html[/url]

We purchased a Lifetime yet you still have to purchase the yealy prolongation… Doesn't make sense to me…

[/quote]

Note that the following products from CS-Cart team are also included in 1-year license:

• Mobile Commerce
  • Facebook app
  • Ebay add-on
  • Searchanise

AND Searchanise alone is normally at least $216.00 per year.

So does this mean: If I don't renew my website will not function?

Or…

Does it mean my website continues to function but I do not get up-grades/up-dates?

[quote name='HappyPig0' timestamp='1437299731' post='223479']

So does this mean: If I don't renew my website will not function?

Or…

Does it mean my website continues to function but I do not get up-grades/up-dates?

[/quote]

It's the latter case if you have lifetime license.

That's what it means for the lifetime license.

But I believe for the annual, if you don't pay your dues, customers still see your site but your admin gets restricted to the point where you can't process orders and can't update products. It might do something like force your store into catalog mode so orders can't be placed. I.e. you are no longer licensed to use the product.

Thank you, sorry for my delay, I forgot to tag this topic.