Designing For Speed

Hi there,

I am developing a community focused marketplace. I want lots of content e.g. reivews, blogs, webpages and forms, so I purchased multi-vendor plus. I understand there are some speed issues to be wary of and I don't want to make things worse. In designing my look and content is there anything I should be wary of using too much of, or combining particular elements on the same page that is really bad for page speed e.g. should I (totaly random thoughts) ...

1. avoid [filters / recently viewed / xxx blocks]
  2. avoid combining [forms and banner adds]
  3. is a blog page any better speed wise than a normal webpage with a review block?
  4. is the API slower than developing an Add-on

I do plan to create lots of blocks (just containing an add a few bits of text or picture) that are mostly disabled and have them deactivated for all but one category.

Many thanks for reading, your experience will be much appreciated :)

Caching is not based on IDs, but rather on type tags. Meaning, if you change one product, the cache of anything product related gets removed. Same goes for pages, reviews, categories, etc.

Besides that, it doesn't necessarily matter.

Is there any addon/modification available on the marketplace that can change the caching behaviour? E.g. If I update one product then the cache is only updated for product page, categories in which the product is placed and blocks in which the product is displayed by product_id? Is it possible in the current cs-cart architecutre?

Is there any addon/modification available on the marketplace that can change the caching behaviour? E.g. If I update one product then the cache is only updated for product page, categories in which the product is placed and blocks in which the product is displayed by product_id? Is it possible in the current cs-cart architecutre?

I am afraid this is not possible with current architecture