DEMO/BETA: ShipOnline - Fedex, UPS - Labels & Rates

[quote name='mardukeme' timestamp='1342230805' post='140699']

Tried your shipping module demo today it looks nice. Just wondering if you were going to add a shipping note section on the label, for example. “Leave package on back porch if no one home”.

Also tried to use the Bulk Print function, but received a new blank popup window trying to log back into the site the url was http://demo.shiponli…-cart/login.php even though i was still logged in. I'm using Firefox version 13.01.

I now this option might be a long shot but maybe adding a feature that would tie into FedEx system and give you estimated delivery for Ground Shipping. Displaying it similar to how you currently display price rates.

[/quote]

Hi,

Yes the shipping note section will be added.

As for bulk shipping, I'm not sure what you mean? The module does not do bulk processing (yet). I think you mean when you tried to generate a label? Again, I'm going to test that out a bit more as a few people seem to be reporting logout issues. There's an obvious ajax/session issue here.

As for estimated delivery times, I think that's a great idea. Obviously we've got a huge list of things to tackle here but I'm confident we can get it done - all in good time. This is not top of the priority list right now but I will be sure to revisit it once we've tackled some of the more critical functionality raised in this thread.

Thank you and everyone else for the feedback. I am working around the clock to get these things done!

More to come…

Any updates here? I sent a PM 3 weeks ago but I have not heard back.

Have a feeling the support would be about as good as the updates.

Have a feeling the support would be about as good as the updates.

[quote name=‘jjtrottier’ timestamp=‘1343946214’ post=‘142091’]

Yeah we’re making grand plans to pull a shipping kit and take all your money and run :P

Bear with us. We’re in the middle of implementing all the feedback we got here. This is a big project so while it easy for you to sit and wait - we’re busting ourselves to get this ready for prime time.

[/quote]Don’t know what your post means. Usually if you ask people to beta test your software, you keep them informed.

[quote name='Slightly_Bent_Halo' timestamp='1343946602' post='142092']

Don't know what your post means. Usually if you ask people to beta test your software, you keep them informed.

[/quote]

I'm sorry the frequency of updates has not been fast enough.

As I said, we are implementing your requested feedback/features. I haven't posted more info because we are not at our next milestone yet. Once we reach that point, I will update again. Expect that in a week or so.

We are kind of wanting to test BOTH UPS and USPS. Last I heard he was still getting the USPS done, but not for sure.

@jjtrottier

I would have to say that you should probably be careful on the shippingkit comments. Shippingkit did fine by us, it just became outdated. We used their mods for quite some time, even though we never could get their USPS mod to actually print. I believe he transferred that to a Fedex mod for us. So again, shippingkit has done fine for us.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1343947061' post='142096']

We are kind of wanting to test BOTH UPS and USPS. Last I heard he was still getting the USPS done, but not for sure.

@jjtrottier

I would have to say that you should probably be careful on the shippingkit comments. Shippingkit did fine by us, it just became outdated. We used their mods for quite some time, even though we never could get their USPS mod to actually print. I believe he transferred that to a Fedex mod for us. So again, shippingkit has done fine for us.

[/quote]

Point taken. It was rude. I apologize.

I just don't appreciate comments about our support level not being there when we're working as hard as we can to bring this to the community.

Anyway I don't want to ramble on or cause a stir. You want to be kept in the loop more often and I will do that. I apologize for any lack of response or doubts to our commitment to this project.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say anything bad. I just wasn't for sure if you got the PM. I had to delete a bunch of old stuff on my PM because it said it was full.

I do think maybe slightly bent came out a little “slightly bent” on his reply. I'm not for sure why or if they were just joking. I'm not angry, I'm just curious and well, I am looking forward to using it, so I am growing anxious. We are getting closer to our busy season and I like to work out bugs on changes or new stuff on our site well before it gets too crazy. The last thing I want is a mod/addon that wigs out my site.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1343947744' post='142099']

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say anything bad. I just wasn't for sure if you got the PM. I had to delete a bunch of old stuff on my PM because it said it was full.

I do think maybe slightly bent came out a little “slightly bent” on his reply. I'm not for sure why or if they were just joking. I'm not angry, I'm just curious and well, I am looking forward to using it, so I am growing anxious. We are getting closer to our busy season and I like to work out bugs on changes or new stuff on our site well before it gets too crazy. The last thing I want is a mod/addon that wigs out my site.

[/quote]

Yeah no worries. Believe me im excited to bring this out but like you said, I don't want to release a bad mod. I'd rather we take our time on this and do it right.

When exactly does your busy season start to pick up?

Let me know and ill try to work around those dates.

We're doing everything we can and I'm working through weekends to get this ready.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1343947744' post='142099']

[/quote]

I got a kick out of that. I am not upset, prior to what is being offered here we tried your suggestion for writeitonce. Works okay for bulk but if you are trying to get a rush package out it would be easier to do within the site. I have considered Alt Team for creating this but we are at an in between stage of investing in a mail order manager and having a mod built. This would be a good interim solution.

Gentlemen,

I had the luxury of a 4-day weekend to allow me the time to work (uninterrupted) through some major upgrades for the shipping module. I know you're all eager for more frequent updates, so I am happy to provide a list of changes/improvements below. Also, I've attached screenshots of the most recent update for your feedback.

The module is tested and working. I just need a day or two to polish off some odd ends.

Changelog:[list]

[]Added ability to select carrier-based package types

[
]Added default weight & dimension preferences

[]Added default carrier, and package type settings

[
]Added residential indicator, signature options to shipment screen

[]Added customs / commodities fields in shipment screen for INTL shipments

[
]Added customs settings for default country of manufacture

[*]Added product tab screen to set dimensions and customs preferences (per item)

[/list]

:-) Any time frame?

[quote name=‘Slightly_Bent_Halo’ timestamp=‘1344350629’ post=‘142397’]

:-) Any time frame?

[/quote]

Very soon! I just want to polish off some odd ends but the major work is done.

Which carriers did you need again?

Did you get US Postal Service going?

[quote name='jjtrottier' timestamp='1344354704' post='142405']

Very soon! I just want to polish off some odd ends but the major work is done.

Which carriers did you need again?

[/quote]I currently use shippingkits USPS, I would probably try yours and Fedex US.

Hi guys,

USPS may be a little ways away, but it will get done in the next month or two. The code is already written and just has to be integrated into our platform. We just got sidetracked by a large contract with a firm requesting Purolator integration in Canada. Money talks, so my guys are full steam on this carrier right now.

I will continue to work on USPS as I know it is crucial to our service offering. In the meantime if you want to test out UPS or Fedex, let me know. I just did my first installation for Fedex. Only spotted two minor bugs, but otherwise it went well.

I apologize for the delay but as promised, I want to keep you in the loop. This will get done, but not as soon as we initially hoped.

Best regards,

Did you give up on us, not a peep for nearly 3 weeks? ;-)

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1346273520’ post=‘143945’]

Did you give up on us, not a peep for nearly 3 weeks? ;-)

[/quote]

I’ll never give up on this community :) I simply have nothing new to report. As mentioned before, if anyone wants to Beta what we have, I’m interested in talking to you.

We are still working on Purolator in Canada. I’ve also had some paid requests to implement bulk shipping and Fedex customs documentation (i.e. commercial invoices, etc.). I’m going to be tackling all this and afterwards, we’ll be looking at tackling USPS and CanadaPost.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or inquiries of any sort.

Thanks for the reply Jacques, just wanted to shake the bushes you know!

Fedex

UPS

USPS

Build it and they will come!

For me personally, when I believe it is ready for primetime, I will install the addon & give it a thorough test, unfortunately I just don’t have the time over the next couple months to help with any beta testing, otherwise I would have already.

If it were me, although it is not… I would wrap up the 3 main players and put it up for sale to start generating revenue as well as developing a CS-Cart userbase. Then I would gradually add the other less popular carriers as time sufficed. (Do you Canadians actually ship stuff over there?) ;-)