Delete global options for all products (2.2.4)

Hi,

I have about 85 products in my shop.

All products have the same global option.

Is it possible to delete that global option for all products in a bulk?

Can anyone tell me how i can do it?

Thank you all!

Just disable the global option, that will disable it on all products.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1339511547' post='138543'] Just disable the global option, that will disable it on all products. [/quote]

Thank you for your help, but that doesn't work.

It will work if you linked them to products and not copied to products. I just disabled a global option this week on 240 products at once. They were all created using link checkbox. My problem is that I want to removed them from several products, but not all of them. If I disable one at the product level, it disables all of them. I assume if I delete a global option at the product level, then the option will be deleted from all products that were created using the link to global options checkbox.

Bob

yes its a pain they all delete if you delete on at product level.

Last time I duplicated all the products into another category, deleted the option in those, exported the seo names for both sets , copied the seo form the “good” ones into the new ones, deleted the old products and re imported the new ones…long winded but did the trick.

John

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1339544280' post='138578']

It will work if you linked them to products and not copied to products. I just disabled a global option this week on 240 products at once. They were all created using link checkbox. My problem is that I want to removed them from several products, but not all of them. If I disable one at the product level, it disables all of them. I assume if I delete a global option at the product level, then the option will be deleted from all products that were created using the link to global options checkbox.

Bob

[/quote]

Yeah. Thats the trick. I deleted all options and variants in the dbase. Remake the options and variants… and now applied them to all products by using “link to global options” check. Now i only have to do changes once. Thats great!