Default sort order

No matter what I do to the settings in the administration area, our store always shows products in the category view by name. I want to use the sort order, but cannot for the life of me get it to do it. I found the setting “Product list default sorting” and have it set to “Default”, yet I always see sorting by “Name”. I have cleared all cache, cookies, sessions, everything - still no go.

Did you check each single category settings? They might be over-riding the general one.

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]Did you check each single category settings? They might be over-riding the general one.[/QUOTE]

There are no settings per category for how products are ordered by default.

I have this same exact problem and there is no sort option under the categories.

So then “Design” > “Appearance Settings” > "Product list default sorting " isn’t setting the default sort method?

Yes, it is set to “default” as the sort method but it still sorts by name.

I’m actually having a very similar, but sort of opposite, issue…I want mine sorted by name as the default, but it stays with a default order no matter what. I can manually specify 'NAME" when looking at a category and it will re-sort properly.

I had previously had my products sorted “default” with a manually entered number, in the category product list, to put them in the order I wanted. (1, 2, 3, and so on) - I decided with the change to 2.1.1 there were some categories where a NAME sort (alphabetical) would be better than trying to keep up with the manually designated numbers, so by going into Design–> Appearance → Product list default sorting —> Name it still goes back to ‘DEFAULT’ on all the categories. (which is simply the order in which they were entered, date wise) - I removed all the manual ordering numbers under category products so they are all ‘0’. The list shown is DEFAULT, rather than NAME sorting.

Another thing I noticed is that no matter how I set the number of products shown, it still defaults back to my settings from the old CS Cart, and when checking "Display the “Pagination section” on the top of the listed object " it does not post the pagination number…just at the bottom.

I’m actually having the same issue, but in reverse. I can’t get my categories to sort by name since I upgraded versions…

But, I seem to remember changing a file and overiding the default sort functions that are held in the normal backend. Now I just need to bang my head into the wall until I remember which file it was…

Anyone happen to remember which file has the sort functions in it?

[quote name=‘nissansr’]I’m actually having the same issue, but in reverse. I can’t get my categories to sort by name since I upgraded versions…

But, I seem to remember changing a file and overiding the default sort functions that are held in the normal backend. Now I just need to bang my head into the wall until I remember which file it was…

Anyone happen to remember which file has the sort functions in it?[/QUOTE]

I’m having that exact same issue, but I never changed any files or templates having to do with default sort, other than what’s in the categories. I’m checking the bug tracker now for fixes, I’ll let you know if I see anything.

[quote name=‘njd76’]I’m having that exact same issue, but I never changed any files or templates having to do with default sort, other than what’s in the categories. I’m checking the bug tracker now for fixes, I’ll let you know if I see anything.[/QUOTE]

Hi all! njd76, have you find a fix for this issue? Did cs-team help you? I have the same problem. :frowning:

[quote name=‘Rust’]Hi all! njd76, have you find a fix for this issue? Did cs-team help you? I have the same problem. :([/QUOTE]

I submitted a bug for it, and the CS cart team helped get it taken care of. I never got an explanation from them however…unfortunately I’m still as in the dark as before, but now no longer having the issue.

Seems like a big fault with CS Cart, do we have a solution? Please, let me know.

The “Appearance settings” seem not to have an effect on categories…seems odd.

Not sure if anyone managed to solve this but I had the same problem. This is what I did:

1. Navigate to Catalog - Products and select the category you want to sort under the “Search in category” pull down menu. Click search.

2. Enter the order you want the products to display using the 'POS' column - 10, 20, 30, 40 etc… Now save.

All the best,

Alex