Default/Persistent Sidebar Blocks

Greetings all,

I am new to CS Cart and am trying to modify the appearance of my client’s cart. One thing we need to do is to add a number of items to the sidebar using the blocks manager. This system works wonderfully for the header and footer, but I was surprised that there doesn’t seem to be any way to have default/persistent items to show in the sidebar site-wide… it appears I have to recreate the 4 blocks I need to add on every. single. page-type.

Is there anyway to create a persistent blog? OR… at least is there a way to copy blocks with all of their settings and content from one page-type to another? Even via an add-on?

…or am I going to have to figure out how to build a skin?

Thanks!

I meant to say “block”, not “blog” :(

Create the block for the Default location. On the other locations, click the Add Block link and select the existing block from the list under 'Use Existing Block'.

Nothing stopping you deleting all of the Locations and only leaving one Default location and applying the blocks to that. Should you decide you want to use a different column layout, or disable a block for a certain page (not including blocks on Pages, Categories or Products which can be overriden in their own settings), you need a location for each unique page layout.

Oh, excellent! I see where you can use an existing block now… I don't mind placing them manually in each template if I can have it use the one on the default page. Many thanks!

[quote name='ccarrot' timestamp='1363709260' post='158165']

Oh, excellent! I see where you can use an existing block now… I don't mind placing them manually in each template if I can have it use the one on the default page. Many thanks!

[/quote]

For what it's worth…make sure the first time you create all your blocks and their respective fillings, make sure you are 100% happy with the content of the Blocks before adding the block to each location, otherwise you will need to update the block several times (once for each location the block is used on).

Actually, it does appear that the content updates everywhere when you change it in one place… just not the block settings. I can live with that.