debugging template

Hi,

I have just started setting up cs-cart, problem is I can’t get debugging working. If i turn it on in the admin it pops up, but i want to debug the front end of the site and when i go to the homepage the debugging window doesn’t update. how do i get it working? i have tried IE and firefox and other computers and it always seems to the same thing - am i doing somehting wrong?

The reason I need the debugging console is because i want to access the parent_id variable and was hoping this would help me, On any given page I want to be able to access the top level parent category ID but am unsure how to best do it?

thanks

Matt

The debug console only works for admin. You’ll need to log into the front end as admin to be able to see it.

[quote name=‘baballuci’]The debug console only works for admin. You’ll need to log into the front end as admin to be able to see it.[/quote]

Thanks, solved my problem too! (For Zone Alarm users [anti-virus etc] make sure pop-up blocking is set to none otherwise the popup will no happen at all.

Thanks,

Had to read it a couple of times but once I realized you have to be logged into the front end of the site as if you were a customer but with the admin username and password everything worked great.

J