Dealer Application

I’m looking for ideas on integrating a dealer application into the registration process. Has anybody done anything like this?

[quote name=‘interfaceFactory’]I’m looking for ideas on integrating a dealer application into the registration process. Has anybody done anything like this?[/QUOTE]

Hello Interface,

I would utilize the “User Groups” feature within CS-Cart. You could create a User Group named “Authorized Dealers” for example and allow customers to request this account status by allowing the option to choose this on your registration page, or you could keep the option hidden from the public & manually assign certain customers to this usergroup. You could then assign special pricing, special payment terms, etc. to this user group only.

The user groups feature is quite powerful!

Then regarding a dealer application form, you could email a seperate form to whichever customers have requested to become a dealer, or, integrate a simple dealer application form into a seperate page on your site & add a link to this form on the registration page, or add a “Dealer Application” Tab to the top of your site, or, whatever works for you, skies the limit.

Thanks, Struck. I have the user group configured for my dealers with their pricing structure. I also have an application form built in the system.

I’m looking for ideas on ways to make the registration more seamless, and I like your idea of sending the app to those who request it during reg.

Seems to me that we’ll need a way to add the request (checkbox?) to the built-in reg form, then auto-respond with the app link. Also need to add the “user group” signup box to the reg form.

Thoughts?

[QUOTE]Seems to me that we’ll need a way to add the request (checkbox?) to the built-in reg form[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I am fully understanding, however, you do realize there is a setting within your admin area to allow users to request a user group membership during registration?

admin>settings>general>Users/Cart>Allow Customer to Sign Up for User Group :wink:

The easiest way to do this is just make a form page with all the dealer application requirements and make a “become a dealer” link to this page. It’s more work to do this through the registration process however it can be done, you can also make a simple redirect after registering for a specific group, just an example would be {if $usergroup_id == ‘5’} redirect to dealer application form after registering {/if}

-Sno

[QUOTE]you can also make a simple redirect after registering for a specific group, just an example would be {if $usergroup_id == ‘5’} redirect to dealer application form after registering {/if}[/QUOTE]

I like that, would eliminate the need to email a seperate dealer application after the fact thus eliminating an extra task!

Good thinking “Bernie” :smiley:

Yeah, so far I think I’ll:

1. Add a “Request Dealer Application” link on the standard registration form.
  2. Link that the hidden dealer app.
  3. Build logic to subscribe to user group when app is submitted.
  4. Add similar code to the account profile page in case the user is already a standard customer and want to become a dealer.

or:
  5. Rework the existing user group sign up on the reg form and the profile page to be more prominent.
  6. Add logic to redirect to the hidden dealer app when applying for user group.