Database

Is it possibel to use the same Mysql Database from 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 sp4. I did not upgrade because I had to many problems. So, i plan to start all over by adding a newsite however, it would be nice to use the old database. Is this possible?

The structure of the 1.3.5sp4 database is different from the older 1.3.4. You would have to upgrade the database to the new structure. This can be achieved by running the sql file and post_upgrade.php file from the 1.3.4 to 1.3.5sp4 upgrade package against your current version.

Obviously don’t do this on a live site.

You can use your existing 1.3.4 data as a base but you will need to update your database to conform to the new schema. You will need to run the SQL queries located in database.sql for each upgrade and then run post_upgrade.php for each upgrade.

[COLOR=“Red”]Start by making sure you have a backup of your database from which to recover is something goes wrong.[/COLOR]

So, for instance, to go from 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 you would:

1. Download the upgrade package for 1.3.4 to 1.3.4-sp2
  2. Extract the files from the archive
  3. Execute the contents of database.sql in your database utility (e.g., open phpMyAdmin and select the database you want to upgrade. Choose the SQL tab, copy the contents of database.sql and paste it into the “Run SQL query/queries on database” box and then hit the Go button. Pay attention to any error messages.
  4. Upload the post_upgrade.php file from the upgrade package to the root directory and in your browser go to yourdomain.com. Again, watch for any error messages.

If you received no error messages, then your database will have been updated to the later version. You will need to perform steps 1-4 iteratively through a few more upgrades (e.g., Upgrade package: CS-Cart 1.3.4-sp2 to 1.3.4-sp3, Upgrade package: CS-Cart 1.3.4-sp3 to 1.3.5-sp3 and, finally, Upgrade package: CS-Cart 1.3.4 SP3 to 1.3.5 SP4)

Bob

I appreciate the feedback. To technical for me to do. I’ll check with Cs-Cart and see what it will cost to have them do it…Thanks again!