Database Backup Error? v2.0.6

I was backing up my database without problems in v2.0.5. When I upgraded to v2.0.6 I’m getting the following error. Is anyone else on the newest version seeing the same thing?

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 56

thanks!

How you have upgraded to new version through FTP or upgrade center ?

Do you have a backup, if yes first restore and than reply

Hey,

I used the upgrade center to go from v2.0.5 to v2.0.6. I decided on using cpanel to backup my database as a workaround. Thanks for your help

Jason

You can also take a backup from admin area. Through FTP download that backup to desktop for security purpose. This backup will help you if your site was hack or file was deleted

[quote name=‘jnproducts’]I was backing up my database without problems in v2.0.5. When I upgraded to v2.0.6 I’m getting the following error. Is anyone else on the newest version seeing the same thing?

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 56

thanks![/QUOTE]

Ask to check hosting: register_globals

should be included.

I had the same error.

Thanks miracles for the suggestion, I’ll try that method as well.

ALEXsei my register_globals are turned off. I’ll see if they can turn it on then try backing up again. Appreciate the info.

Jason

[quote name=‘jnproducts’]Thanks miracles for the suggestion, I’ll try that method as well.

ALEXsei my register_globals are turned off. I’ll see if they can turn it on then try backing up again. Appreciate the info.

Jason[/QUOTE]

I do not understand :slight_smile:

Write simple sentences.

I use the translator google.

register_globals - always included.

This may be due to the transition of php4 for php5.

Refer to the host, or write to .h ****

Thanks

I did confirm from my host that register_globals was turned off. The host told me to create a php.ini file and place it in the install directory with the following code. This file turned on register_globals and now I can do backup’s again from the admin interface! yay!

Thanks guys.

```php
register_globals = On;

Thanks for this info on register_globals. It fixed my problem.

[quote name=‘jnproducts’]I did confirm from my host that register_globals was turned off. The host told me to create a php.ini file and place it in the install directory with the following code. This file turned on register_globals and now I can do backup’s again from the admin interface! yay!

Thanks guys.

```php
register_globals = On;
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for posting this solution! Worked like a charm :slight_smile:

Could anyone, who faced this problem, specify the php version installed on your hosting? The “register_globals” is very bad and insecure php option. But the only connection between your problems and this option for me - bug in php/server environment.

[quote name=‘zeke’]Could anyone, who faced this problem, specify the php version installed on your hosting? The “register_globals” is very bad and insecure php option. But the only connection between your problems and this option for me - bug in php/server environment.[/QUOTE]

PHP5 on my hosting.

[quote name=‘malinky’]PHP5 on my hosting.[/QUOTE]

They will need the full version number - 5.x.x.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]They will need the full version number - 5.x.x.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Cheers Bob…

My host is running PHP 5.2.10

Hm, I have not found any problems in this version. Is it possible to disable register_globals and give me the ftp access to server to check this problem?