Data Import Problem

Hi,

I'm having in issue importing my products. I exported the inventory csv file with comma separated values, and copied all of my information to the exported csv file. When I go to upload it, it says loading for about a minute, and then it disappears, and no products or categories have been added. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Thanks,

could be a server memory problem, how many are you trying to import, try just a row or a few rows first to make sure it works.

John

I tried one and it worked, but the product isn't showing up in the category. It shows up in the backend, and its listed under the category that its supposed to belong to. Getting back to the products, I have 33,000 products to import.

[quote name='gooddealz11' timestamp='1339100675' post='138249']Getting back to the products, I have 33,000 products to import.

[/quote]

More than likely a file size issue. You will need to configure the server to be able to upload a file of that size.

It's a memory issue. I have increased it to 1GB and it still isn't working. Does anyone know how much memory that it will take to make this system work?

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1339103795' post='138257']

More than likely a file size issue. You will need to configure the server to be able to upload a file of that size.

[/quote]

That could also be an issue. I have my host looking into it. Its weird because I've never had a problem like this with any of the other cart systems that I have used in the past.

Still an issue. This is what my hosting company reported back to me.

We have looked into this further for you and even after increasing the server's memory, the error still occurs in the error_log for your site:

[08-Jun-2012 04:52:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16385 bytes) in /home/fragra9/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 861

That's because the cart is overriding the memory. In /config.local.php you need to edit the memory. Change 48 to your desired memory.

// Set maximum memory limit
@ini_set('memory_limit', '48M');

Thanks Tool! I can't believe that I didn't even think to look at that yesterday, but either way it worked. Enjoy the rest of your day!

No problem. It always helps to have an error but the exact symptoms occur when file upload size is more than what the server is configured for.