Data Feed > Uploads.google.com > Unable Connect To Ftp Server. Please, Check Ftp Connection Information

We are getting error "Unable connect to FTP server. Please, check FTP connection information" when trying - ftp to uploads.google.com for Data Feeds > Google Export

Checked from sever and look OK

# telnet uploads.google.com 21
Trying 108.170.217.160...
Connected to uploads.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Service ready for new user.
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed
Can someone confirm that CS-Cart 4.8.1 that ftp option works and you are able to ftp. CS-cart support are not even ready to look into with us paying them :(
TIA

Does anyone has any add-on recommendation or knows any add-on available with which we can set auto ftp (server cron) google.txt file with Data Feed add-on to Google Merchant center? Default CS-Cart does not work!

If you are sure that the default method does not work, please contact support team. Bugs are fixed free of charge

I don't think CS-Cart support works that way anymore. Here is what I got response.

We cannot render your assistance free of charge.

If you would like to use our support service, you need to order support credits on the Services page in your Help Desk account.

It is strange for me to hear that. Anyway, it is required to examine issue on your server

We had been over the years exporting/ftp Google feed to Merchant Center with older CS-Cart version 2.1.4. So we no there is no issue on the server side. Issue with version 4.8.1 that we cannot ftp

It is strange for me to hear that. Anyway, it is required to examine issue on your server

I think they want credits "banked" before they start investigation in case the assertion of 'defect' is not true so they can charge the appropriate support credits. But you can post to the bugtracker without charge. However response there is measured in months.

CS-Cart support is a total sham. You need to buy credit to even request to get CS-Cart Bug to be looked at and then they find every excuse to take credits from your account. After upgrade to 4.8.1 we encountered several bugs and here is what we had to pay

The Data Feed - Server export not uploading in correct folder - 5 credits
Products > Features > Google export Price field field empty - 10 credits
No option to add promotion code in store front end - 25 credits

Dear Sanjay,

Let me explain this situation. The reply below is mostly the same reply you received in your Help desk ticket, with some additional information.

CS-Cart support is a total sham. You need to buy credit to even request to get CS-Cart Bug to be looked at and then they find every excuse to take credits from your account. After upgrade to 4.8.1 we encountered several bugs and here is what we had to pay

We do not charge for examination of issues caused by bugs in CS-Cart. There are no known issues with FTP connection and we did not reproduce such issue in default CS-cart installation, so the issue requires examination on your server, this is why you were asked to purchase support credits.

Also, since It is -15 credits on your account at the moment, support engineer basically asked you to pay for the services that were already provided.

As for the mentioned tickets,

The Data Feed - Server export not uploading in correct folder - 5 credits

Support credits were charged in this ticket for modification in .htaccess file. By default downloading of CSV files from var directory is forbidden for security reasons. Support engineer modified the var/.htaccess file to allow such downloads per your request.

Products > Features > Google export Price field field empty - 10 credits

I did not find such request in your account. Here is the title of the ticket, were you were charged 10 support credits:

v4.8.1 - Products > Features > Google export features field empty

The issue appeared because of the data inconsistency in your database (there was no information about features in the cscart_ult_objects_sharing table of the database). Support engineer resolved the issue and charged 10 support credits.

No option to add promotion code in store front end - 25 credits

You were charged 20 support credits in this ticket, not 25. The issue appeared because information about promotions was missing in the same cscart_ult_objects_sharing table of the database. Support engineer added this information manually and charged 20 support credits.

None of these issues was caused by bug.

According to the rest two of them, there seems to be some issue with the data in cscart_ult_objects_sharing table of your database, but there are no known bug that could have caused such an issue. It may have been caused by various reasons, including restoring partial database backup, restoring backups from older CS-Cart versions, migrating data from some other installation if you are not familiar with data structure in CS-Cart, etc.

I have exact same problem with CS-Cart 4.15.1 SP1. I can connect to FTP with any client with my credentials on upload.google.com. But CS-Cart complains that credentials are incorrect.

Also, there is another bug about the cron output. It doesn't report/outpet that an error occurred after the script ran.

Edit: Confirmed that CSV file extension is what causes this. Guess there is a bug in Google's system which allows you to type in a CSV file name in preferences; but won't allow you to upload one. And also there is a bug in CS-Cart which tells you it is a credential problem while it is only a permission problem.