Data Base customizing

I have not yet set up my CS cart but I have an interesting database question:

I would like to be able to go into each client and:

1. See all transactions

2. Add custom notes such as the special requests for size, length width etc (we are mostly a service business so these notes help with both current and future orders)

3. Backup the database to a DVD

4. Store incomplete/ hopefully future sales…

Is all the above easy to do with the default setup or is customization needed? If so any idea how difficult it is or how many hours it would take?

Hi David, Yes to all your questions above with a default installation, there are no modifications necessary…

I’m curious about the “store incomplete/hopefully future sales” question

What’s the typical way to accomplish this? I’ve tried a few sideways approaches at this with no success - am I just missing an obvious option?

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Hi David, Yes to all your questions above with a default installation, there are no modifications necessary…[/QUOTE]

How do you go into each customers details to see all their orders from admin?

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Hi David, Yes to all your questions above with a default installation, there are no modifications necessary…[/QUOTE]

Snorocket,

Sounds good - thank you! I wonder if I will need to learn phpmyadmin?

[quote name=‘bpaulette’]I’m curious about the “store incomplete/hopefully future sales” question[/QUOTE]

currently you have the pull-down menus with the sales statuses set, which can be incomplete, failed, declined, processed ect…I think what you are asking for and what would be a nice additional feature to CS is to have the ability to create “order groups” and to move or assign orders by order status into their respective group, does that make sense?

[quote name=‘David Hober’]I wonder if I will need to learn phpmyadmin?[/QUOTE]

it would be a good idea to create a test store and database and play around with phpmyadmin to learn how to make changes on the database but it’s not something that you have to learn to get your store up and running, only if you’ll be doing modifications ect…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]it would be a good idea to create a test store and database and play around with phpmyadmin to learn how to make changes on the database but it’s not something that you have to learn to get your store up and running, only if you’ll be doing modifications ect…[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea. More and more I am seeing the importance of well designed databases.