Customers not getting Reward Points (most of the time)

Something is wrong with my setup or cscart, but my customers are complaining about not getting reward points. I know some are and when I’ve tested a few times in the past I get them. But know for sure some are not… just today got yet another email:

[quote]

How do you earn points? I ask as I placed an order for $107 in November, but still have no points. Could you please just explain more for me?

[/quote]

I just checked the CATALOG / REWARD POINTS link it says 100 for USER GRUOP ALL and 0 for guest and 0 for registered. I wonder if this just stopped working right when they added usergruops which mucked up a lot of things. I’ll set Guest and Registered to 100 as well and see if that helps.

Under the ADDON when I pull it up in edit, all the boxes are checked and Point Exchange Rate is set to 50 and the “several applied” is Minimal and Log is 10 lines.

Anywhere else I need to be checking?

James

http://www.rpgshop.com

Are you setting the order status to “Completed” for all your delivered orders? The reward points are not awarded until you do this.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Are you setting the order status to “Completed” for all your delivered orders? The reward points are not awarded until you do this.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Ah, this might be the problem. Our .NET front end to the system that we use to handle all our shipping and picking and postage is what changes the status to COMPLPETED… so what you’re saying is that the processing happens when the order is turned to completed in the admin?

If so, that should really change. The amount they earn should be attached to the order and the amount calculated when they checkout or something. It shouldn’t be a process of adding the amount to a bucket when you physically change the status to completed inside cs-cart.

Anyway, if that’s true, then I guess I’ll just get my .NET program to update the field/table with that data.

Looking at the back end, I see cscart_reward_points and cscart_reward_points_changes … does anyone know if I need to add rows to both tables or just one and if I need to update or insert these rows? Something seems weird when I look at the tables.

James

http://www.rpgshop.com