Customers are Blacked out - and don't show in chooser?

Hi -

I’m almost ready to go live with a new 2.2.1 CS-Cart store…

I just realised that the majority of my test customers (added normally through the front end and those added through the admin ‘telesales’ order panel) are ‘blacked out’ and unselectable including in the ‘telesales’ customer chooser.

The first few orders I did a few weeks ago worked OK - but since then customer names are always blacked out (see below) - and so when I enter a new order through the admin panel, and go to ‘choose’ an existing customer, only those first few show up… none of the blacked out names are listed??!

(under settings ‘Administrator must activate new user accounts’ is NOT ticked)…

I just tried the CS-Cart online demo - and this seems to work the same.

Is this a bug or have I changed a setting somewhere - but at present this is not good…

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]I partly solved this - if 'Disable anonymous checkout' isn't checked then customers created in the admin order panel (telesales), will be automatically treated as 'guests' and so won't show up in the customer chooser…

However - if the 'Disable anonymous checkout' is active then when you are entering a new customers details you have to assign them a username, password and email address - none of which should be necessary for a user who only orders by phone/post…

We could work around this just by entering an internal email address and a made up username/password, but each new customer would need a different email address… and this just seem pointless and annoying!

Any ideas how to fix this?

[/size][/font]

I am not sure why you consider this a problem? It has worked this way for as long as I can remember. Customer registration is mainly beneficial to the customer. For what admin purpose would you need this for?

Hi -

We have many customers who place orders by phone or post - all these orders will be entered by our staff through the CSCart admin panel (create order).

To place that order the staff need to enter an email address (which we don't have for phone and mail orders), and also enter a username and password… and the staff can't simply enter something quick and easy like 'abc123' as these customer/user accounts can obviously be accessed from the front end of the website… so for security reasons our staff would have to keep coming up with new and secure usernames & passwords which are linked to an ever growing number of non-existant email addresses!

The usernames/passwords/email addresses are exactly what we want for our normal customers who order online through the front end of the website - my problem is when manually placing orders using the Admin 'telesales' panel.

Why do you feel the need to register them?

I don't want to register them by giving them a password and username - that was my point – I just want customers who's name and address have been added in the admin panel (as part of the order creation process by our office staff), to show up in the list of customers - so when we get repeat customers their details don't need to be entered again. At present, unless we give them a username/password they only show up under 'orders' and NOT under customers. They really should show up under customers as that's what they are!

Whether they are registered or not, you still have their information and there is no need to re-enter their information. I have no idea what “telesales” is so I may be off base here.? I am assuming this is how you take your orders.? See pics below…

Open “Orders” and select “Create order”.

In step one, search for product, select it and continue.

In the next step, again search for the customers name by selecting “Choose” in the lower right corner.

[attachment=4426:Orders – View orders - Administration panel_1312479370250.png]

Search for user, select it and continue.

[attachment=4427:Orders – View orders - Administration panel_1312479459249.png]

Their information is entered, now continue to the next step.

[attachment=4428:Orders – View orders - Administration panel_1312479483176.png]

Orders – View orders - Administration panel_1312479370250.png

Orders – View orders - Administration panel_1312479459249.png

Orders – View orders - Administration panel_1312479483176.png

[quote name=‘Fishpaste’ timestamp=‘1312478839’ post=‘118857’]

I don’t want to register them by giving them a password and username - that was my point – I just want customers who’s name and address have been added in the admin panel (as part of the order creation process by our office staff), to show up in the list of customers - so when we get repeat customers their details don’t need to be entered again. At present, unless we give them a username/password they only show up under ‘orders’ and NOT under customers. They really should show up under customers as that’s what they are!

[/quote]

You are going about this the most difficult way imaginable! :)

Your staff should be entering these “Phone in Orders” within an internal accounting/order processing system, far faster, no need for user/password/email details, and their address details can easily be found to reduce input on subsequent orders…Far more efficient overall