Customers Able To Skip Required Fields

More and more I am seeing customers place an order without providing an email address or location even though these fields are required (yes I have them required in the field settings). I assume there is some new phone/browser that allows this because it was never a problem in the past. Anyone else seeing this? I can not replicate it on my phone or any computer browsers but it is happening a few times a week at this point (and that's just the ones I'm catching). Minor annoyance but when a customer doesn't leave an email I can't get in contact with them nor send them tracking information.

Not the exact same problem but maybe related:

I don't require states (as some countries don't have them) but orders are failing if the customer doesn't use a state. When I go in a and manually edit the order to add the city again in the state field orders work.

Ecomm told me that they have twice contacted CS Cart about this bug but they are ignoring it - not sure why as losing orders is as serious as it gets for me...

More and more I am seeing customers place an order without providing an email address or location even though these fields are required (yes I have them required in the field settings). I assume there is some new phone/browser that allows this because it was never a problem in the past. Anyone else seeing this? I can not replicate it on my phone or any computer browsers but it is happening a few times a week at this point (and that's just the ones I'm catching). Minor annoyance but when a customer doesn't leave an email I can't get in contact with them nor send them tracking information.

Do you have anonymous checkout enabled or disabled?

Do you have anonymous checkout enabled or disabled?

I have it available (enabled).