Customer Unable To Login?

I recently upgraded one of my 3.06 stores to 4.3.3. Note the new 4.3.3 install is run in a subdirectory (www.domain.com/cscart43) while we test it out. All is working fine, except people cannot login. When one tries to login it just brings you back to the login page again, and you are not logged in. I even tried registering a new account. The registration went OK, but still one cannot log in.

My guess is this might be due to the test store being run as www.domain.com/cscart43, while the live 3.06 store is at www.domain.com.

Any thoughts? It is making it very difficult to test out the new cart if we cannot log in as a customer.

David

Note, I have installed 4.3.3 on four other sites without this problem. Only difference is this time I am using a subdirectory to run it.

Is there a domain cookie being setup somewhere that is confused on what store? I have tried it on three different computers and all are NOGO.

Anybody have any suggestions on what to look at or modify in order to allow customers to Login. One can register successfully, but the login page just returns one to the login page.

Does the customer use the email address and password to login. No more usernames being used in new version. Just in case

Yes. I know it has been email login for several years now. Even the admin can't login during store checkout.

Could be seo setting if turned on, uninstall and reinstall

and I assume your rewritebase in .htaccess in the sub folder is [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]/cscart43 and not still /[/font][/color]

John

John, yes I have tried all that already.

By the way, the Admin can log into the Admin area just fine. Strangely no one can log into the store.

I looked at the Apache and PHP error logs and nothing.

It's a session issue. Try using a separate browser to login (not a separate tab). It will return you to the login banner if it can't create a new session. It returns you to the login prompt (after credentials are accepted/validated) becuause it can't create a new session due to one existing for that domain already.

OK. With a lot of trial and error I fixed it, but I do not know why this fixed it or why it was causing a problem.

In my_changes I have a modified init.php file called init.post.php to add a routine for calculating shipping date based on product ordered.

It was

<?php
if (!defined('AREA')) { die('Access denied'); }

// CODE FOR PRODUCTION DATE

I had to add a blank line after the beginning php tag to get it to work.

<?php

if (!defined('AREA')) { die('Access denied'); }

// CODE FOR PRODUCTION DATE

I have no idea why this makes a difference! But now I can log in :)

Not buying it… Maybe change/save restored correct permissions. Change it back and confirm you can't login.

Hello,

Better you can cross check the users table values once again.