Customer Registration

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I request that the customer register before adding anything to the cart to help avoid abandoned carts. But if they try to add before seeing or reading this request, it takes them to a “sign in” page for registered customers, but there is nothing blatantly obvious there to prompt the less computer/shopping cart savvy customer to register.

Does anyone know where I can find this sign in page so I can add something there to catch their attention ?[/COLOR]

I find that over 40% of my customers buy without registering.

They just wanna get in and get out. You may get the odd abandoned cart but have you thought about the people you may be losing that dont even try to add to cart as they cant be bothered to register. I do this myslef also to be honest.

John

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]John…I was getting quite a few abandoned carts and that is why I set the cart to require the registration first. I will try it for a while to see how it goes, but without being able to delete the abandoned carts after a set time, they just might start piling up again[/COLOR] :rolleyes:

I believe there is an option in settings to allow add to cart to reg users only.

OPTION: Allow shopping for unlogged customers

It has like 3 settings…

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]I believe there is an option in settings to allow add to cart to reg users only.

OPTION: Allow shopping for unlogged customers

It has like 3 settings…[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]You must have been reading my mind :wink: That is exactly what I just set both of my sites to…

Yeah, my mom told me that people’s thoughts are their private and I should know better. But time to time I cannot help it…

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]Yeah, my mom told me that people’s thoughts are their private and I should know better. But time to time I cannot help it…[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]On the flip side, like (and great) minds think alike[/COLOR] :smiley: