Customer places 2 different orders but gets same order number

We just ran in to an instance a couple of weeks ago where a customer placed one order via Paypal Standard and the order went through fine, including the fact that it sent us a copy of the order via email. Then 15 minutes later the same lady placed another order with different products but paid that time with a credit card. The problem is CS-Cart gave the lady the same order number. So when we imported our orders to ship them out we never saw the fist order she placed as it was copied over within CS-Cart.

Has anyone ran in to this?

Anyone know why it would have happened?

Anyone know how to fix it or should it be reported as a bug?

Seen a post about the same thing a couple of months back, cant find it now but defo seen it.

John

I too thought I had seen something, but could not find it now. I can't remember if there was a fix posted or not.

It's not necessarily a bug. With PayPal Standard, the customer is not redirected back to the site so unless the customer manually goes back to the site after payment, the session is still live.

I guess I've just never had the whole order replaced before. Normally it still shows as “incomplete” and then we check Paypal to find out if it was or not.

yeah, Ive been getting the incomplete thing with paypal and we manually check em and change em. that is on a 2.14 site, but on our 2.2, 2.3 sites the paypal order statuses appear as paid. i assume its a conflict with an addon but havent had time to try and track it down.

John

I have been having this problem as well and heard nothing back from support.

I had a customer place an order, everything went through OK. A week later she contacted me about something and I went to look up her order and couldn't find it anywhere. It had completely disapeared along with the shipping note and everything.

Finally I found the order ID and it was sitting in the incompleted orders area with the same customer details but completely different products!

So I completely lost a WHOLE order, shipping note and everything related to it!! How many of my other orders are doing this?

This is quite a serious problem.

Huhm, life sure is good since we switched to Paypal Express payments like 2-1/2 years ago, we no longer have to deal with any of this redundant horseshit, it just works, everyday, all day long which is a lovely thing, allowing me to focus more on my business! :)

Same problem as I have…

[url=“Function: fn_order_placement_routines - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Function: fn_order_placement_routines - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums

There should be a function for “finalize” order in payment processor…

cs-cart empty cart and restore order number when the customer returns from external payment … if the customer does not return their session is still alive (depending on cookie lifetime)

I don't understand how they don't have a catch in place for this. If the order can be processed and is set to the new status of 'processed' then surely they can add another function to clear the cart and create a new session the next time the customer returns to the store??

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1337840146' post='137196']

yeah, Ive been getting the incomplete thing with paypal and we manually check em and change em. that is on a 2.14 site, but on our 2.2, 2.3 sites the paypal order statuses appear as paid. i assume its a conflict with an addon but havent had time to try and track it down.

John

[/quote]

Hey,

I have the same problem, did you fine a fix for it yet?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Tom

nope…still manually checking