Customer placed "Store Testimonials"? (NOT Product Reviews)

Hi All,

I'm developing a new website for my own intents and purposes but I'm having difficulty finding a way for customers to leave their own testimonials - can someone direct me to the right location?

Knowledgebase article only refers to the administration area.

Source: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

J.

Jesse,

I've never quite understood the logic of the way CS-Cart does the testimonials. The only way I know how to do it is to have a block with your current testimonials. Then at the bottom of the block, there is a “more” link. If you click on that link, you will be brought to the testimonials and there is a button to add a testimonial.

I know on my site, I used to have a note that explained this, but honestly, that is kind of lame. It would be nice to have a link somewhere that says something like, “click here to add a testimonial”, but I've never seen a way to do that.

Not sure if that is much help, but maybe it will point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Brandon

• one for a simple testimonial system but one that auto adds a link to all outgoing documentation.

Make it better by sending an invite to customer after 2 weeks.

Sorry if I am stating something obvious, maybe I've missed the point of what you're asking.

discussion.view is the testimonials dispatch value.

ie. yourdomain.com

This page lists all testimonials, with a 'New Post' button as default at the bottom of the page. I changed the template file and created a new language variable for the 'Write a Review' button.

I didn't have any custom location created for this initially, the controller is there as default in at least 2.2.4 and v3. I have now created a location and edited the controller to create something a big more fancy. Just add a Link in your Menu with the above dispatch value for a 'Write a Review' link, which leads to the Testimonials page.