Customer Order Placement Problem

Below is an email from a customer that I just received. I am receiving orders from other customers without a problem using both Paypal and credit cards.

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]“What I’m experiencing is that after I’ve logged-in, I have to continually log-in to try to add an item to my wish list or place an item in my cart. When I add an item to the wish list, I lose the last item already added. I’m experiencing similarly with the cart. When I finally got the cart right, I was unable to check out and complete payment: both through PayPal and with my credit card itself, every try at some point I was taken back to an empty cart, logged-out.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]I just placed a book order sucessfully with amazon using the same credit card, so that doesn’t seem to be part of the problem.”[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Any thoughts?[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font]

If they are using IE or a mobile device, odds are that the browser is detecting that the page can be viewed better using a different user-agent (I.e. IE8 might represent itself as IE7). This will cause the session to be reset.

You can add the following to your config.local.php to see if it makes a difference.

define(('SKIP_SESSION_VALIDATION', true);

Do note though that this does open a small vulnerability for what's known as session hijack. But odds are pretty low.

For some reason cs-cart refuses to address this in the core code. But they don't say why not.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I created an order manually and he logged in and paid without a problem.

Note for some reason the country was missing - Korea. And when I added it I saw North Korea was an option which i deleted as we don't ship there.

I understand that it is unlikely to mean anything but interesting…