Customer Names Not Showing In Customer List In Admin

Ok here's a strange, new issue. When viewing my customer list in admin, there are many that do not show the customer name (that field is blank). When I click on one of them, the customer name IS filled into the profile fields. Comparing them to a customer profile who's name is showing in the list, there's no difference.

Also when I try searching in customer list for the name of one who's name isn't showing, it does not show up in the search results.

:confused:

The system shows first and last names from the contact information. If you use billing information section or custom profile fields to store customer names, this column can be empty in the list.

Why no name in list when name is in profile not sure, but if no name in list and no name in profile then that would be a "Quick registration" enabled. Only login email and password is taken from customer till he goes to checkout and completed shipping and billing fields..

Ok here's a strange, new issue. When viewing my customer list in admin, there are many that do not show the customer name (that field is blank). When I click on one of them, the customer name IS filled into the profile fields. Comparing them to a customer profile who's name is showing in the list, there's no difference.

Also when I try searching in customer list for the name of one who's name isn't showing, it does not show up in the search results.

:confused:

One more thing. If you have profile setup somehow custom then one in demo you may get to really strange situation.. Would suggest you to compare with demo..

I don't have Quick Registration enabled. My profile fields match the demo, with the only exception being that I have phone required during checkout because one of my shippers requires a customer phone when creating the label.

In the profile fields, Contact Info is unchecked (so it doesn't show in the create profile). That's also how it is in the demo. I never checked it because I thought it would be redundant for the customer to enter their name and phone twice... but if it fixes this issue then I'll check them to show.

Thanks!

From what I can tell, a majority of the accounts that do not have a first/last name are the spammers that have created an account.

From what I can tell, a majority of the accounts that do not have a first/last name are the spammers that have created an account.

Not in this case. I mean my profile fields were recently spammed (hence another post going on), but those all had the fields entered. Most of them entered same first and last name, i.e. phyllisium phylisium, and I've deleted them as they came through. The ones I'm referring to are from different years of registering and all have placed orders.

In the profile fields, Contact Info is unchecked (so it doesn't show in the create profile). That's also how it is in the demo. I never checked it because I thought it would be redundant for the customer to enter their name and phone twice... but if it fixes this issue then I'll check them to show.

I have checked it on the demo. You are right. Looks like the system copies shipping first name to contact first name during the account creation.

If you PM me temporary FTP access, we can check the issue

Was there a resolution to this issue?

I am having the same problem in a couple of my stores

Thanks