Customer Area Sitemap

Under admin section "website" menu there is a Sitemap section to "Create additional sections of the customer area sitemap and define the set of links for them." Is this sitemap intended to give users a navigable map and if so how should it be displayed? I currently only have a "my account" section set up; the "sitemap" section is active but no section links have been added.

Will filling in section links help with SEO or is this just something for visitors to use?

Thanks for help.

Tom

In practice very few people use sitemap. Better investment is to spend time and energy on marketing.

In practice very few people use sitemap. Better investment is to spend time and energy on marketing.

Thanks. Can the add-on then be disabled?

Sure, but why?

Sure, but why?

To eliminate useless clutter and also the possibility of wasting server resources on something which is not being used.

I see it is for customer area and is not the Google site map. So this would have no or very little value to Google for SEO purposes and would be only useful to a user trying to navigate the site?