Custom t-shirt?

I was thinking to setup a new t-shirt store! I saw in other stores, they have a feature that allows the customers to design their owns t-shirts.

They are able to upload their photo, add text, chose color and see in real time how the t-shirt is going to be finally!

Is there any modification/addon that does something like this?

Check this link…

[url]http://www.mplouzakia.gr/[/url]

It is greek so you will not understand too much…

The first three lines is to write something on the t-shirt…

Below is to browse to add a photo

And finally to chose the size

Etc etc etc…

Hi,

There was a thread already on this subject about the beginning of the year. Can’t seem to find it. Back then, it appeared this type of functionality either infringed on someone elses code and/or would cost between $1500.00 and $2000.00 to develop.

There was a mod, Product Designer 1.0 , that I contributed to, that I think was suppose to do what you want, but have not heard anything for over 6 months about it.

Hopfully, someone can bring you up to date on this MOD.

Bob

I found one like this and the price is as you said!

[url]http://www.productsdesigner.com/tshirt-designer-application.php[/url]

I have to contact them to ask if it can be integrated in cs-cart.

But I would be more happy if the mod was developed by the cs-developers…

Anyway thanx!

I know this thread is a little old, but thought I would comment.

The idea of a t-shirt designer was talked about in 2008, but I think those who thought it could be done thought it would be too difficult for the money it would cost. I had donated at one time, but when the project was shut down my money was refunded.

There are a few designers out there but so far I have not found one that would integrate with CS. It seems like it would be simple once you got the t-shirt designer, but it appears that most who are reselling them do not know how to actually code.

If anyone were able to do this it would be interesting. We were working on a new site that used OSCommerce that had a t-shirt mod, the mod ended up being junk so now we are back to square one.

Hi Jim, as you already know, we almost had this addon in the works, however the enormous cost as well as not a clearly defined functionality for the addon, in addition this was an addon we could not get enough people interesd in and donate towards, we can again try and get this going, but we’re going to need several big hit donations to even get it off the ground, in addition I have alot on my plate, I need others willing to jump in and put ideas together, the product designer addon has to work for more then just t-shirts, it has to work with engraving, printing ect…

PS: I’ve added the Product Designer 1.0 to the Addon Development Forums, we’ll move forward once we see what kind of interest is generated and who is willing to work with me and the developers to put it together, it will not be an easy addon and it will definitely not be cheap to code…

One of the main reasons that attracted me to Cs-cart was that all the plugins (add-ons) were included with the cart. It seems this philosophy has changed for 2.0. This is very concerning to me and probably others. 2.0 should have these features included from the get go. I am willing to wait a few more months, but let’s get 2.0 right with a rich feature set (included with the download) from its initial release date.

What is the purpose of installing a new 2.0, if you immediately have to start making modifications with these third party add-ons?

Four important modifications I am still waiting to see in 2.0 are:

1. Required Options. Don’t let one add the item to the cart until these options are selected or filled in.
  2. Allow different templates (appearance) for categories. Why do all categories need to use the same template?
  3. Allow different templates (appearance) for product pages. Why do all product pages need to use the same template?
  4. Allow a descriptive paragraph to be included next to a product option.

[quote name=‘Triplets’]One of the main reasons that attracted me to Cs-cart was that all the plugins (add-ons) were included with the cart.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what Addons your referring to that should be included in the cart, however CS includes a ton of Addons that you would have to buy at competitors that would cost you well over $2000+ and that’s a fact. This thread refers to a t-shirt designer, otherwise known as a product designer addon, I don’t think this type of addon should be included in the cart because 95% of the users don’t need it, which is why we haven’t been able to come up with enough donations to get it coded, we have like 4 people who want it, which puts your min. donation at about $500/ea. That’s a heavy hit for 1 addon, I’d rather donate $200 (platinum level donation) to Club Addon and get all 7 of the addons which are in the development phase right now, that’s 7 high profile money making addons for $200, now that’s a serious bargain…

It strikes me as “funny” that triplets thinks that “all” add-ons would be included with the basic CS cart. I’m not for sure how this is even possible! The list of add-ons is endless and really depends on how each business wants to operate its business.

In regards to the “Product Designer”, I really would not expect CS to have this come as a standard add-on. Especially since most business would not need it.

Sno, I look forward to seeing what kind of response you get from others in the forum on a product designer add-on. I know the audience is smaller, but I believe if you keep the output to a wider audience like you have suggested it would be better. As you know, we really don’t want it for t-shirts ourselves.

[quote name=‘Triplets’]One of the main reasons that attracted me to Cs-cart was that all the plugins (add-ons) were included with the cart. It seems this philosophy has changed for 2.0. This is very concerning to me and probably others. 2.0 should have these features included from the get go. I am willing to wait a few more months, but let’s get 2.0 right with a rich feature set (included with the download) from its initial release date.

What is the purpose of installing a new 2.0, if you immediately have to start making modifications with these third party add-ons?

Four important modifications I am still waiting to see in 2.0 are:

1. Required Options. Don’t let one add the item to the cart until these options are selected or filled in.
  2. Allow different templates (appearance) for categories. Why do all categories need to use the same template?
  3. Allow different templates (appearance) for product pages. Why do all product pages need to use the same template?
  4. Allow a descriptive paragraph to be included next to a product option.[/QUOTE]

I am agree with you!