Custom Email Message for Custom Order Status

Can I create a custom mail .tpl file for a custom order status? How would I do this?

I know I can create custom order statuses but I don't see anywhere to control what template file

is used for the message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at core/fn.cart.php and look at the fn_place_order() function. I haven't looked specifically (since I know you're capable) but there is a method for it to determine what template to send.

But have you looked at the invoice.tpl? There are a ton of hooks already present if you just want things to look different. You'd put your logic for $order_data.status in your hook template.

Thanks I'll give it a try somethings have come easier than others

In cs cart like I couldnt believe how esy it was to change an order status with just one simple function

Hi guys I am researching information on how to change the welcome email that users receive when they register on the website…right now there is a default text that I would like to replace…

Can you tell me which file would let me edit that email text?

thank you

Find the one you want to modify in your

skins//mail/profiles

directory. There are several that are sent depending on the action being taken.

tbirnseth I downloaded all the files in the profiles folder and none of them contains the information to change the text of the welcome email…

should I look somewhere else?

The current email text the user receives when registering is

Dear Mr. Customer,

We welcome you to My Website Address.

You can log into your account using the following

Username: emailuser@myemail.com

Password: XXXXXX

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: storeemail@mystore.com

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to storeemail@mystore.com

Looks like they have it in the profile_activated.tpl file as a language variable. Look up

text_profile_activated

In your Language Values and adjust it how you want. If unsure, just search for “text_profile” and it will show you all the various language variables for the profile controller.

If you can't get all the data you want from there, then you will have to customize the mail template to suit your needs.

Note: it is a BAD idea to send passwords in email.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1330642788' post='132427']

Looks like they have it in the profile_activated.tpl file as a language variable. Look up

text_profile_activated

In your Language Values and adjust it how you want. If unsure, just search for “text_profile” and it will show you all the various language variables for the profile controller.

If you can't get all the data you want from there, then you will have to customize the mail template to suit your needs.

Note: it is a BAD idea to send passwords in email.

[/quote]

Thank you for reply

I cannot find the text I showed you in text_profile_activated

I also did a search for profile and cannot find it there either…where is all that text coming from?

I agree passwords should never be sent via email…I would like to change that too but if I cannot find where to modify the code

anyone else ever changed it?

where would the mail template be? I would like to take a look at it…

Mesage #5:

[quote]Find the one you want to modify in your

skins//mail/profiles

directory. There are several that are sent depending on the action being taken.

[/quote]