Custom-cable.co.uk

[color=#1155cc][font=Arial][size=6]Custom-Cable.co.uk [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]First of all, I want to send a huge thank to the Custom Cable Team, our clients, who had the courage to give us free hand in branding & concept and were absolutely great ![/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Working on their project was a lot of fun and the collaboration has been awesome ! [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]I came to know each and everyone of them, and I can really say, those guys really know what they are selling. If you ever need advice in Cables/ DACs /Headphones & Spares /Music Streaming/ Turntables do not hesitate to ask them. They will always reply with a polite and honest answer ![/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]I wish all clients could be like them ! [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]What we did.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Branding & concept: [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Logo design [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Full custom cs-cart design & Design integration[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Development [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Cs-cart update from 2.2.4 to RC versions to 3.0.1, 3.0.2, and finally to 3.0.3, [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Data syncronisation (users, orders, products, pictures, pages, statistics and everything else from cs-cart) [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Custom spares section : Product parents cannot be sold, only the components from it. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Custom search in spares section - once in spares section the search is locked within category[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Search results can be filtered[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Custom menu design and functionality (categories / brand filters / price filters and featured products within the main category )[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Custom pages & locations and custom design [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Zoom for product images / Zoom for spares inside a product[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Smooth tabs transition [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Product listing will display brand name & product code[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Misk text can be added in each product [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Modified invoices [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Social sharing [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Custom comparison of products (added a floating bar with products to be compared)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Custom design on custom locations[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- B2B support for EU transactions (removal of VAT amount in case of a valid intracommunity Vat number is present )[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Display of price including vat (prices)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]- Wordpress blog integration[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]and …… well, I lost track of all modifications done[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Add-ons used[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1155cc][font=Arial][size=4]Seonid: Headlines[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1155cc][font=Arial][size=4]Seonid: RSS Products and Pages[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1155cc][font=Arial][size=4]Seonid: Display Prices including taxes as primary[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1155cc][font=Arial][size=4]Seonid: Image Zoomer[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1155cc][font=Arial][size=4]Seonid: EU VAT Number[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Comments & feedback are always welcomed. [/size][/font][/color]

Like it…

couple of small things…view larger image still showing and doesnt work( only tried on five products) may need to be available for other products not using magic zoom

and favicon could be used.

and 1 major thing, no Meta data yet on home page, no etc

Nice work

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1348234042' post='145505']

Like it…

couple of small things…view larger image still showing and doesnt work( only tried on five products) may need to be available for other products not using magic zoom

and favicon could be used.

and 1 major thing, no Meta data yet on home page, no etc

Nice work

John

[/quote]

Indeed, it seems there is a small bug with the images, we will fix that.

• adding meta data and titles is not a “development” part but I am sure this will be added.

Thank you for your feedback.

Nice job! Very trustworthy look, awesome filters, and I love the nav menu.

What exactly do you mean with [color=#000000][font=Arial]Data syncronisation? Is that about the upgrade, or do you mean 3rd party software?[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]One thing I would add - brandpages. People love to read more about the brand before making a decision. Especially in niche martkets like this.[/font][/color]

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1348301449’ post=‘145544’]

Nice job! Very trustworthy look, awesome filters, and I love the nav menu.

What exactly do you mean with [color=#000000][font=Arial]Data syncronisation? Is that about the upgrade, or do you mean 3rd party software?[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]One thing I would add - brandpages. People love to read more about the brand before making a decision. Especially in niche martkets like this.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

• view larger Images - actually its not a bug, its a setting in our zoomer add-on. So this is fixed
  • The data sync - Since we took a website already running, and installed it on a dev server, during our work, the live website was still running, so this had new customers, new orders, new products, and a lot of other data, such as statistics etc…

So we made sure no data is lost. :)

There is a blog also which will explain more about brands.

I really like how you did the dropdown for categories (shop by brand, price, featured,…)…Is there an addon for this??? :)

Love all of it, the social box, the live chat, the menu, color and layout.

Super great job.

D.

[quote name=‘UrKo’ timestamp=‘1350019145’ post=‘146893’]

I really like how you did the dropdown for categories (shop by brand, price, featured,…)…Is there an addon for this??? :)

[/quote]

Thank you for your feedback .

The menu is not an add-on, its custom made. (and yes, it is dynamic, adding new subcategories or filters will appear on menu, also the featured products are manageable for each menu item)

[quote name='Seonid' timestamp='1350024570' post='146898']

Thank you for your feedback .

The menu is not an add-on, its custom made. (and yes, it is dynamic, adding new subcategories or filters will appear on menu, also the featured products are manageable for each menu item)

[/quote]

You considered to make this dropdown as an addon? Would be interesting in buying it. How much would it cost for example?

I would also buy that add-on (or custom code for that matter)

[quote name='UrKo' timestamp='1350024750' post='146899']

You considered to make this dropdown as an addon? Would be interesting in buying it. How much would it cost for example?

[/quote]

We have considered to make an add-on for the menu, but it would have to be an add-on which could cover all types of menu.

Also, it is a bit tricky, we cannot make exactly this menu as an add-on, since it is custom work, our client paid us the full development cost. Making this an add-on and resell it at a lower price would affect our client.

We already created a lot of add-ons for different companies (import & export to amazon, ebay, filtering mods etc…) but we do not resell custom work. This is considered a bad practice and we do not do such things !

So if we build a menu add-on this would have to be “complete”. Users should be able to create all types of custom menu with it, even with images.

We will think about it.

Can you send me the offer for such addon that I could use on my website? Send me PM for the addon that would enable me this what you have jsut wrote. I use V3.03,…still in development.

Please note Im not a php coder (im ex asp coder :) lol ), so Im only playing with html and blocks which are really cool…

[quote name=‘UrKo’ timestamp=‘1350030876’ post=‘146905’]

Can you send me the offer for such addon that I could use on my website? Send me PM for the addon that would enable me this what you have jsut wrote. I use V3.03,…still in development.

Please note Im not a php coder (im ex asp coder :) lol ), so Im only playing with html and blocks which are really cool…

[/quote]

I could, however, we cannot accept new projects right now.

We are quite overwhelmed with custom projects.

Where to start…These guys are absolutely first class. We originally approached SEONID and requested a full site theme change…this quickly turned into us requesting if certains mods could be added, this then turned into a massive full site overhaul and Lucian specifically was excellent at giving me confidence that they could achieve an amazing site. Communication was second to non at all times, progress was quick and the outcome…well…you can see that for yourself. If you would like any work to be done on your CS-Cart then I strongly recommend SEONID. A++++

Hi Leonid, Amitp, I like the delivery cost calculator on the product details page is it a standard cs function or is it coded

John

Hi there how did you do the slider with the brands?

I have asked for the exact thing here Brand slider - Store Design & Templates - CS-Cart Community Forums

Is this a addon available? or is it custom work.

Also the brands overlayed onto the images is a great touch. Is this addon available?

Thanks

Its our custom work.

We thought about this to develop it as an add-on, however in order to make it look right, you need to work all images, make them the same height etc, add them an hover state. like this [url=“http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/images_static/brands/vandenhul.png”]http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/images_static/brands/vandenhul.png[/url]

If we develop an add-on and the user is uploading all kind of images in brands, you will never get a high end result.

And, an addon with tons of restrictions is not quite something customers want.