Custom 404's

[COLOR=“Purple”]I tried finding the standard 404 page on my site, and I cannot locate it. I can find the language text that can be changed but cannot find the physical page. I made a custom 404 in “Pages” but it will not come up…just the same standard page appears. I have a couple physical 404 (1-html & 1-shtml) in my main directory, but they are old versions from my old cart.

How can I make a custom page if the cart won’t use it ?[/COLOR]

Edit the code in the “exception.tpl” file, located in the “skins/(your_skin_name)/customer” directory.

If your store is in a subdirectory you may also want to go into your hosts’ control panel - there should be a tool for creating custom error messages. This will take care of the 404 pages when someone hits your site outside of the store’s directory structure.

[quote name=‘lauraluc’]Edit the code in the “exception.tpl” file, located in the “skins/(your_skin_name)/customer” directory.

If your store is in a subdirectory you may also want to go into your hosts’ control panel - there should be a tool for creating custom error messages. This will take care of the 404 pages when someone hits your site outside of the store’s directory structure.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]Thanks SO very much :slight_smile: Found it and just changed the text and removed the go back link. Whew…one less worry :slight_smile:

[/COLOR]