Cube Cart to CS-Cart importer is finished

This script imports products, options and images from Cube Cart to CS-Cart. I tested this on a site that I am working on for a client and it’s sw-e-e-e-e-t.

Excellent Rob :slight_smile: Sadly i will probably take mine back to CC when V4 is out :frowning:

[quote name=‘willow1872’]back to CC when V4 is out :([/QUOTE]

your kidding me right?

I’m going to beta test version 4 Willow but I can’t fathom why you would go back to CC when CS-Cart is the professional solution. I can’t begin to tell you how responsive the development team here was in putting together the conversion script. I would expect many cross-overs when the word gets out. I have 2 clients I am testing ATM.

In its current forum CC is certainly not suitable for large scale stores but V4 looks very promising with a lot of the features that CS currently has and i am hoping that Al will consider me for beta testing as a current third party developer.

There are some things with CS that im not happy about;

The fact that skinning it is a nightmare although that is my own downfall for not learning Smarty but with sooo many skin files in incomprehensible,

Im having problems with the currencies, no matter what setup i use i cannot get them to display correctly and even then CS seems to ignore the currency selected when it is transferred to the payment gateway - ie a product priced at £9.99 / $18.99 will get converted to £18.99 when transferred, meaning my USA customers pay double if i enable currencies:rolleyes: certainly not a problem with CC.

The current upgrade manager is too buggy to use or recommend, so far ive recommended to the customers ive brought to CS to pay CS to upgrade their store when they need it. CS support flatly refuse to provide manual upgrade instructions and insist you use their upgrade software.

Ive given up on CS support…when asking a sales question for a customer im told i need to buy more support to get it answered and i had a row with Alex on support a little while ago - He told me that while they appreciate me bringing them a further two customers i was breaking their Licensing rules by offering CS as an option to my current and future ecommerce customers.

This isnt the place to whinge about it as i certainly dont want to take over your thread Rob so i’ll leave it there :slight_smile:

Im not 100% decided yet but if CC V4 can give me the features i need with the excellent support Al has always provided then its more than likely. Time will tell when its released i guess.

Back to the original thread though, i think its great that a converter will be available and im sure many current CC V3 customers would jump and transferring :smiley:

I understand your position Steve and as a holder of 2 CC licenses I am compelled to continue my relationship. Truly Beta 4 should be interesting and although I do not have the issues with CS-Cart that you mention I can understand the template problem. As a designer you would certainly want to be able to do this.

[quote name=‘willow1872’]i was breaking their Licensing rules by offering CS as an option to my current and future ecommerce customers.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by this?

[quote name=‘Zyles’]What do you mean by this?[/quote]

Thats what they told me. If i want to offer CS to my customers then i must pay $475 to be part of their Reseller Package, without doing that i cannot offer it to customers. Despite already bringing them two.

Lets not hijack Robs thread about this, it is what it is :wink:

[quote name=‘willow1872’]Thats what they told me. If i want to offer CS to my customers then i must pay $475 to be part of their Reseller Package, without doing that i cannot offer it to customers. Despite already bringing them two.[/QUOTE]

Uh… okay thanks. That is so strange.

Which basicly means I won’t be using CS-Cart for any of my clients either then. As that was what I had in mind once it goes stable enough. Too bad with a system like that. I don’t see the difference in me buying a license and my customer buying it themselves for their cart. Either way it would increase their sales.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name=‘Zyles’] I don’t see the difference in me buying a license and my customer buying it themselves for their cart. Either way it would increase their sales.

Thanks for the info.[/quote]

Exactly! Its so crazy that its funny really, you would think that they would welcome all the custom they can get but i guess not. Obviously i dont want to recommend a company with such policies, no matter how good their script is.

Would it not be a consideration that they mis-understood you.

Selling and recommeding are worlds apart and i get the feeling they thought that you where selling ?

Just a thought

How hard was it to convert over the options? And is this CubeCart 3 or 2? I was running CubeCart 2 for years since I never thought 3 was good. My v2 cart was HEAVILY modified both functionally and aesthetically but the software just can’t handle our growth and results in a lot of missing and blank orders.

I converted a LOT of data over, my products, customers, orders, etc. with minimal data loss. In fact, the encryption scheme for passwords was exactly the same for CC2 and CS-Cart so customer accounts merged over flawlessly. I’m still in the process of tweaking my CS-Cart for relaunch of our website so we’re still running CC2.

This Cube Cart 3. The options were no problem and there was minimal tweaking to be done. Sub Cats are a different story and I am presently working with CS-Cart development on that.

[quote name=‘roban’]This script imports products, options and images from Cube Cart to CS-Cart. I tested this on a site that I am working on for a client and it’s sw-e-e-e-e-t.[/QUOTE]

Where can I get this scrpt from.

Degsey

It is not freely available. I paid to have the script developed and have tested it on 2 sites.

Do you want to pm me a price to allow me to have a copy?

Degsey

[quote name=‘Degsey’]Do you want to pm me a price to allow me to have a copy?

Degsey[/quote]

My understanding is that Roban will only be providing conversion services.

This means no-reselling of the script(s) itself due to having Intellectual Property interests by CS-Cart and Roban himself

Thats not a problem.

I will ask the cs cart team to develop the same mod for me.

I also have clients with cubecart and I will migrate a few of them over to cs cart, so the script who ever provides it will be needed.

I just thought that he may release a copy for a price which would reduce his development costs as well.

Degsey

I don’t know how CC3 differs from CC2 but the import was fairly easy through mySQL…

[quote name=‘xkevin’]I don’t know how CC3 differs from CC2 but the import was fairly easy through mySQL…[/QUOTE]

I have never used CC2 but I will have a play tonight to see how easy or not it might be.

I will let you all know the result.

Thanks

Degsey