CSV synchronization

Hi! I’m having a hard time at updating my web’s info , it should been done daily 'casue it is an electronic store and I work with a dropshipper so items get out of stock easily from one day to the other.

The thing is my droshipper gives me a CSV link which apparently it is updated daily. The CSV has plenty of info but not all the info CS-cart requier for the import to be sucessful. Now, how do I covert that CSV into a CSV accepted by CS-cart import console and also how do I update all that info daily with the link I have? I talk about more than 10 000 products.

Any ideas will be more than welcome.

As long as your suppliers CSV is always in the same format you’ll probably need to write yourself a macro which will convert your suppliers CSV to CS-Carts CSV format. I don’t think you find something off the shelf, it may take some time but once done you’ll be able to use it over and over.

Thank you, babalucci, it makes sense what you tell me. yes, the dropshipper keeps the same format all the time, as there are many stores using his service and using the same link to the csv.

So, I guess I’ll have to pay someone to write such macro for me, because I wouldn’t even know where to start. :frowning:

Hi, Baballuci and all you nice guys in this forum.

Can anyone do this job for me for a reasonable fee? As explained before I have a link to my supplier’s database which he updates daily. The format remains the same, yet I need to covert their CSV to CS-Carts CSV format , that and a cron job will keep my cs-cart store updated every 24 hours.

can anyone help me with this?

mirnitagl, if it is only to update products, then you can pm.

I can make you a script to update via cron.

[quote name=‘updateshop’]mirnitagl, if it is only to update products, then you can pm.

I can make you a script to update via cron.[/QUOTE]

Hi. How to do that? Is that very complex so you can not explain it here?

Thank you.

Ohhhh, what a pity I didn’t get this offer a few weeks earlier!!!

As no one answered me, I hired a programmer at scriptlance to make this job for me and it is getting really complicated, not as easy as I thought it would be.

I’ll let you knwo how everything ends.

Thank you for replying and offering to help, I appreciate it:D

joe,

I can make a php script that will pull the csv file from the ftp server from your supplier, then it will read the csv file and executes a query to update the matching records.

[quote name=‘mirnitagl’]Ohhhh, what a pity I didn’t get this offer a few weeks earlier!!!

As no one answered me, I hired a programmer at scriptlance to make this job for me and it is getting really complicated, not as easy as I thought it would be.

I’ll let you knwo how everything ends.

Thank you for replying and offering to help, I appreciate it:D[/QUOTE]

I think you can also check my Minimum Order mod, this is much better than using a selectbox for customers to just look for a number that they want hence increase your sales.

[URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=10107[/URL]