Cscart super uptight about pricing

I purchase cscart for $185 with lifetime updates but decided to go with magento commerce, so I requested a refund.

Magento didn’t work out even if it is free. So decided to buy cscart again. Too bad they just change their prices and upgrade policy like 2 days earlier.

Won’t budge on price even though I purchase it at the lower price.

Whatever. Went ahead and purchased it for the $265 price.

Then my license expired and was trying to pay for the upgrade for $49.50. Realize it was about 3 days outside my 30 day upgrade window, so the upgrade price is now $89.50.

Ask if I can get the upgrade price of $49.50 because I never was notified of my license expiring and I have been on cscart website for a few months.

Won’t budge on price even it’s only a few days outside the 30 day window and was never notified of my license expiring.

Just got to say cscart is really uptight about pricing. Not a good way to keep a customer.

Isn’t it better to have $49.50 than nothing at all?

Seriously, not bothering with the upgrade.

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]Won’t budge on price even it’s only a few days outside the 30 day window and was never notified of my license expiring[/quote]

There aren’t any notifications regarding expiring of the licenses because the license won’t expire. It’s a lifetime license, but it isn’t an ‘upgrade lifetime license’.

I was in Wal Mart last week and seen the same shirts for 19.19 that was now 25.99 today…I asked em for last weeks price.

How far do you think I got? not far… even though I do $250 a week with my food bill.

hey… business is business.

Sorry :expressionless: :expressionless:

John

[quote name=‘indy0077’]There aren’t any notifications regarding expiring of the licenses because the license won’t expire. It’s a lifetime license, but it isn’t an ‘upgrade lifetime license’.[/QUOTE]

Um… yeah.

I get notification from interspire when my upgrade period is about to expire.

I didn’t get any notification from cscart when my upgrade period is about to expire.

Thus I miss the opportunity to pay for a new upgrade period within 30 days of expiring.

Hey, if that’s how cscart wants to do business, that’s their choice.

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]I purchase cscart for $185 with lifetime updates but decided to go with magento commerce, so I requested a refund.

Magento didn’t work out even if it is free. So decided to buy cscart again. Too bad they just change their prices and upgrade policy like 2 days earlier.

Won’t budge on price even though I purchase it at the lower price.

Whatever. Went ahead and purchased it for the $265 price.

Then my license expired and was trying to pay for the upgrade for $49.50. Realize it was about 3 days outside my 30 day upgrade window, so the upgrade price is now $89.50.

Ask if I can get the upgrade price of $49.50 because I never was notified of my license expiring and I have been on cscart website for a few months.

Won’t budge on price even it’s only a few days outside the 30 day window and was never notified of my license expiring.

Just got to say cscart is really uptight about pricing. Not a good way to keep a customer.

Isn’t it better to have $49.50 than nothing at all?

Seriously, not bothering with the upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Hmm… if my customers did that to me I’d be out of business pretty quickly sorry to say.

I agree that not sending an email when your upgrade time expires is stupid. They miss an oppurtunity to sell and to keep a customer happy and informed.

This is a good example of Interspire vs. CS-cart in my eyes. It’s proof that the interspire / big commerce guys are real marketing people: their cart might not be the best or have all the options CS-cart has, but they grow like crazy and they have very good marketing implementations (see other topic [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=19085&highlight=big+commerce[/url])

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]I get notification from interspire when my upgrade period is about to expire.[/quote]

I think, that wouldn’t be a problem for CS-Cart team to send out the notifications. Just send them a message…

[quote name=‘Flow’]I agree that not sending an email when your upgrade time expires is stupid. They miss an oppurtunity to sell and to keep a customer happy and informed.

This is a good example of Interspire vs. CS-cart in my eyes. It’s proof that the interspire / big commerce guys are real marketing people: their cart might not be the best or have all the options CS-cart has, but they grow like crazy and they have very good marketing implementations (see other topic [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=19085&highlight=big+commerce[/url])[/QUOTE]

Yeah… marketing side of operations might be improved. Totally agree on that, but, on the other hand, CS-Cart is way less expensive then its competitors (e.g. compare to Magento)…

I feel like we, “the original licensed users” are paying for the cost of the free community edition. :frowning:

Rather than the 30days, it should be by upgrade. The only time they check is when you try to upgrade to a new release. If this is the first release after your upgrade license has expired, you should be able to purchase it for the lower amount. If this is beyond the 1st upgrade then you should pay the higher amount.

Just two cents which won’t even get me a partial upgrade! :slight_smile:

This thread reminded me to extend my license for another year… lol