cscart caching?

Hello,

there seems to be some kind of caching issues with the site. Either if I am using the on-site design mode or if I edit css files, I don't see the results straight away. I suppose there's some kind of caching. Can this be disabled for this design phase until I re-enable it?

Are you under Live mode?

What is live mode? how do I check this?

edit: found what it is, it's probably this, but have no idea WHERE it is enabled/disabled.

edit2: I think it's supposed to be at a bar at the bottom of the page (where the other options are, like temporarily close store, etc) but this bar isn't showing. Any other way I can disable it?

cscartrocks? I ate the whole site and can't find live mode anywhere. any heads up?

What is your site version? It's usually at the right bottom.

I’m on 4.01. I don’t have an extra bar (as there was used to be in previous versions).

see attached:

…it's caching so much, that I have changed a .tpl file yesterday, and hasn't updated yet. Let alone I rename the default admin.php and it still reads my original one. I know I am bashing the thread, but is there any way to disalbe it via link (with admin.php?dispatch=???) or any other way?

Make sure that you set the “Rebuild cache automatically” setting to On. You can find this under Design/Template Editor on the left hand side.

Not sure if that will solve all your problems but whenever I edit a file and do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5) it comes up straight away on my dev server with that set.

[quote name='NairdaCart' timestamp='1372769221' post='164725']

Make sure that you set the “Rebuild cache automatically” setting to On. You can find this under Design/Template Editor on the left hand side.

Not sure if that will solve all your problems but whenever I edit a file and do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5) it comes up straight away on my dev server with that set.

[/quote]

Yup. This seems to be working! Thanks!