[CSCART BUG]: Extra shipping method on free shipping item

as we know that in cscart, if the item is set free shipping in the Shipping Properties, there will be only one shipping method display on the checkout page.

I wonder why the cscart improve this part, to get several shipping method to the free shipping items.

why we set free shipping?

because, we need a free shipping icon or text near to the product to attract buyer's attention.

however, free shipping is only one shipping method with the lowest cost. but we also want to offer other shipping method for buyer's choice if they want to get it fast, they can choose other shipping method.

in this way, the shipping method is more flexible.

Hope the CS team can see this point.

Of course this solution has nothing to do to the technology CSCART seller, for they do not have to ship the goods. but it is very import for the seller who need to ship the actual goods to their buyer.

So, it is a bug. It should be a function in CSCART as we have in opencart, prestashop,etc…

I do not it is a income section to the cscart team, for every time i upgrade my cscart, i need to pay them to edit the fn.cart.php file in every time i upgrade the shopping cart.

Or CSCART team can tell me that it is the income section, so that they do not want to get this as a features of CSCART. Actually it is a common function in other shopping cart as i mentioned the opencart.

Hope to see the CS team's reply and your votes. Thank you.

Just because some other carts have this feature doesn't mean it's a a bug; it's a feature cs-cart is currently not offering. It would be nice to see this added, but i guess for most people this is no priority at all.

I can think of 100 functions like this that could be added, in any shopping cart for that matter. most don't offer multi-language - is that a bug?

This post will probably not get you anywhere. You will have to add the idea here: [url=“http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional”]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional[/url] - if it gets votes, they might add it.

agree not a bug, but really an addon i can use!!

I don't know how yall are setting up your free shipping but all of my shipping methods show up even if the order qualifies for free shipping.

Note: My free shipping is set up within the shipping methods and not a promotion.

As to the poll question…it is possible with the default cart.

[attachment=5631:free_shipping.jpg]

free_shipping.jpg

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1344725973’ post=‘142710’]

I don’t know how yall are setting up your free shipping but all of my shipping methods show up even if the order qualifies for free shipping.

Note: My free shipping is set up within the shipping methods and not a promotion.

As to the poll question…it is possible with the default cart.

[attachment=5631:free_shipping.jpg]

[/quote]

hi, when you set all your items in free shipping. or your item is free shipping in the tab in your Shipping Properties,i think you will not see other shipping method. :)

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1344713594' post='142701']

Just because some other carts have this feature doesn't mean it's a a bug; it's a feature cs-cart is currently not offering. It would be nice to see this added, but i guess for most people this is no priority at all.

I can think of 100 functions like this that could be added, in any shopping cart for that matter. most don't offer multi-language - is that a bug?

This post will probably not get you anywhere. You will have to add the idea here: http://cscart.uservo…82-professional - if it gets votes, they might add it.

[/quote]

hi flow, as long as you do not need it, it will be not a bug in your point.

why it is normal function in most shopping cart?

as i known, many shopping cart support multi-language, i do not know which shopping cart you mention.

i tried to put it in http://cscart.uservo…82-professional but it seems not work for me.

anyway, thanks for your point.

I guess you don't understand what a bug is:

[size=3][font=arial, sans-serif]A [/font]software bug[font=arial, sans-serif] is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected results[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Carts that are not multilingual? The list is endless.[/font][/size]

[quote name=‘londonman’ timestamp=‘1344746819’ post=‘142720’]

hi, when you set all your items in free shipping. or your item is free shipping in the tab in your Shipping Properties,i think you will not see other shipping method. :)

[/quote]

If that is the problem, you can get around it by setting it up the way tool has done it. Remove free shipping from the products properties. Set up a shipping method that costs 0. Assign products this method, and other you would like to show up. Done (not tested, but should work?)

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1344750648' post='142725']

[size=3][font=arial, sans-serif]A [/font]software bug[font=arial, sans-serif] is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected results[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Carts that are not multilingual? The list is endless.[/font][/size]

[/quote]

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1344750907' post='142726']

If that is the problem, you can get around it by setting it up the way tool has done it. Remove free shipping from the products properties. Set up a shipping method that costs 0. Assign products this method, and other you would like to show up. Done (not tested, but should work?)

[/quote]

you still do not see the point from my question indeed.

The point is that all products in free shipping in the shipping properties.

of course, in your solution definitely work on the item that “free shipping” disable.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1344750648' post='142725']

[/quote]

thank you for your translation, you already answer your answer or mine.

I just tried it and the solution works. Customers can choose between free shipping or express shipping for which they will have to pay.

Then you can make a custom block with a free shipping icon in it and assign this to the products that have free shipping.

Hope i’m not misunderstanding you…!