CS Dev Team

do you get that if you made alot of posts?

Yes, it changes with your post count - I don’t know why they have ‘CS Dev Team’ as one though!

Simon

[quote name=‘recedo’]I don’t know why they have ‘CS Dev Team’ as one though![/QUOTE]

I look important that way :smiley:

I suppose the title fits many here after 200/300 posts we do after all develop CS-CART on a daily basis anyway lol

Wow… I’m a developer!

[quote name=‘recedo’]Wow… I’m a developer![/QUOTE]

take it easy buddy, take it easy hehehe.

Yes I like it too, but surely it gives customers the impression that we work for CS-Cart ???

Maybe its their plan to cut down on people finding their true support area and hassling the hell out of em ! :rolleyes:

[quote name=‘SWS’]

their true support area and hassling the hell out of em ! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought we were lol.

Maybe CS-Dev’s should be allowed 1 free support ‘incident/question’ based on the per hundred posts? I’ld sure do it

Im sure this has been mentioned, but theres a lot that goes on with the forums and as with most forums, its considered first line of support, so I agree, if the CS Team added an additional method for “techie” support then they could save themselves a whole lot of time and effort.

I also dont understand why they dont have a knowledge base, such things as I asked them a lot of questions re: Google Base and a few other problems.

They sent me code snippets to fix the issues but could have also posted this for all to view and save repeat questions… Even if they posted on their own forum once in a while

Anyway, I just like helping if time permits… on that note, im gonna start piecing together the analytics code which I have working on my site for others

I too like helping out whenever I can - I’m no expert but some issues I can help with… Also the best way of learning is by teaching - so I’m told!

Thumbs up to the analytics code, I’ve been playing with that recently but it would save me (and many others) loads of time! It would be nice for CS to add this as an option, where you just need to enter your tracking code in admin and then goto google and enter the url… Then it just works fine. So many people seem to be using this I don’t see why they dont.

Simon

It would be no fun if they thought of it all. :slight_smile:

Thats one way to look at it anyway ! (ps just added code to another thread)

They are working on a new helpdesk system which will include a Knowledge Base.

NO ETA, as far as I know.

[quote name=‘SWS’]Im sure this has been mentioned, but theres a lot that goes on with the forums and as with most forums, its considered first line of support, so I agree, if the CS Team added an additional method for “techie” support then they could save themselves a whole lot of time and effort.

I also dont understand why they dont have a knowledge base, such things as I asked them a lot of questions re: Google Base and a few other problems.

They sent me code snippets to fix the issues but could have also posted this for all to view and save repeat questions… Even if they posted on their own forum once in a while

Anyway, I just like helping if time permits… on that note, im gonna start piecing together the analytics code which I have working on my site for others[/quote]

the Knowledge Base will be very helpfull especially if open to the public since many common questions are asked from prospective clients.

I also think the titles are misleading to newcomers

knowledge base will be great!

those features would be great but there’s loads basic bugs IMO which the cs-cart team dont see them as bugs as extra functionality!!!

I don’t see why they’re doing a KB from scratch. Somebody has to have a great one that could be plugged in to the help desk or even their website.

Mike

vBulletin has a decent FAQ system built in that be modified via admincp and, I personally think it would be more useful integrated within the forum than in a separate help desk. This is where all of the repeated questions are asked by newcomers.

Guys, don’t read too much into it, I dont have any details, other than a KB is being worked on. as to how its integrated, etc, I have no clue.

Personally I was talking about a KB system for CS-Carts own website, to help stop all the repetetive questions.

At the moment, if CS cart reply with a fix to a problem reported through the customer support area, nobody else gets to see the problem or the fix…

As for us customers and a KB for the cart, I think they should concentrate on the shopping cart side of things and leave the KB stuff for somebody else such as Kayako (whos support suprisingly stinks)

[quote name=‘SWS’]

At the moment, if CS cart reply with a fix to a problem reported through the customer support area, nobody else gets to see the problem or the fix…

[/QUOTE]

A few fixes are being paid for via support periods.

Australia Post is one that a member had to pay for… thankfully he passed the information on without requiring payment. If anything the KB will remove a revenue stream from CS-CART

I agree, however bug fixes should always be different to “updates or modifications”

Such as the new problem on the site, im sure only those who email will get a response from CS and it will be left to us to tell everybody else !