CS-Cart Wiki

I the CS-Cart Wiki still available? I clicked on [url]http://wiki.ourcs-cart.com/[/url] and it doesn’t appear to be live.

I took the Wiki offline due to lack of use. The cs-cart team had built a wiki but it looks like they took that offline as well. If people were truly going to use it I will put it back online and make some improvements to it.

So if enough people reply to this post requesting that it be put back up than I will do so.

Josiah.

I thought you had put a lot of work in to the get wikki up and running and with some content.

I had then assumed that you had taken it down due to the cs-cart knowledge base that they started but this is a different thing as we cannot contribute.

Maybe you had expectations that it would grow faster than it did. I know what it can be like to be very involved in something but no-one else seems interested and then you can become demotivated.

But often it is a question of putting in the foundations and then leaving it with the odd reminder that it exists and then waiting to see if it develops from there but without spending any more time on it yourself.

Sometimes these things can take a long time to really kick in - more than a year. Sometimes yes they do just die or something better can come along (often based on what was already there) and the original withers slowly away. The open source community has this happening all the time with software projects.

If it is no hassle to put it back up then why not put it back up. See it as a seed planted and lets see what happens.

Even if all that it is, is just a very limited resource with what you had already created sat there. After all that is better than nothing than your work going to waste.

I was going to contribute some notes on import/export. The time to do this is really just after or around when I was looking at all this not now some months on and i think you may find others work this way. So what this means is that you have to wait until the time is right for someone and for the right someone!

Often the best content and ideas come from someone who has just worked on an area not someone who has long term knowledge. For them to write content they are to removed and it is just to dull going back.

Your job should be to put the infrastructure in place and keep an eye on it.

Create the garden space, plant some starting seeds to inspire others, and then do the odd bit of weeding while hoping others will come along and do their bit.

So in summary.

Yes get it back up there. (Assuming that this is no real hassle)

Don’t you spend any more of your time working on it in terms of content.

Be prepared to wait and maybe for a long time.

Eventually it may take off. For example when people starting posting links to content on it and it starts becoming a known reference resource.

If you would like someone else to take it over or help you then put on the wiki that you would like this and eventually the perfect fit may come along. Think of how jesse has become an administrator on this forum.

(As you know I found the interface a bit baffling to get to easily work on it - any chance of improving that side of things)

This is in the wrong sub forum.

Is it a 3rd party service?

Techically it’s not a service per se.

But since someone’s already moved the thread I’ll leave it there.