CS-Cart - why?

Hi

theoretical question - why should I (we) use CS-Cart system instand of other online stores system, such as Joomla that have the VirtueMart plug, which it’s free?

I think you are a licensed user, right?

Your question should be posted before you purchase cs-cart, right?

Why you ask this questoin after you bought the license?

Why is this happening?

well, I’m wondering if to buy new license for new store or to move to a new system…

You own a IT company and do it for others or you have your own store? How many stores may I ask?

BTW, which system are you interested in now? What happened to you with cs-cart?

I have 2 stores and I’m thinking of open a third.

What happened to me with cs-cart?

300$ vanish from my bank acount :slight_smile:

I just want to check if there are others system that give me full services for less price. I was just started to look for new systems.

I heard about Joomla - VirtueMart. but didn’t test it yet.

acually I thinking of open a few more stores, and pay 300$ for each one it way to much…

For additional license, you only need to pay 165 $!!! That is a good deal. Plus, why does your 300 $ vanish? You mean the license or the customization fee?

BTW again, I am the one who switches from Joomla+Virtuemart to cs-cart. Like I said before, stay away with any other carts. I have no affiliation with cs-cart.

100$?

if i bought license for 1 store, and I open new one - I need to buy new license, which cost 300$. am I worng?

I must ask (that’s way I opened this thread) - why not using other systems?

Oh yeah, to your question: because other system sucks while cs-cart rocks.

Go to your help desk, additional license will only cost 165 $ for a new domain!!!

I’ll check in the company how much did we paid.

and for the reason - why to use CS-Cart, well, I can’t tell my boss “because CS-Cart rock…”. :slight_smile:

If you purchased in a wrong way, you will pay 265 $ instead of 165 $.

For the reason, you can say to your boss: because other shopping carts suck.

Thank you.

thanks.

anyone else?

I think it depends what you plan to sell? I choose CS-Cart over the other available carts (free and paid) because of the payment and shipping modules. It just has so many money making features over the competition…

I got some quotes to get mods done to a free cart system and it ended up costing more then the CS-Cart license, and CS-Cart already has the features built in.

The only other cart that I think comes close is Interspire’s Shopping Cart, but that costs $1000…

I’m on my third cart now :slight_smile:

I saw that it cost more than 1000$

unbelievable…

but there is a reason way - did you see the system? it’s amazing!

the way you can change and edit the front page…so comfortable…

but tell me - Joobla have the possibility to install mods and plugs that alow you to get more options with our store…so, why to pay more?

Because sometimes the truth may be held in a handful of persons’ hands. You can not see the beauty of cs-cart. The way they code, the way they are thinking. I believe the world needs genius.

Maybe you have your own genius my friend minerals.

If you have any difficulty in using cs-cart, just post it and we will figure it out.

[quote name=‘minerals’]I saw that it cost more than 1000$

unbelievable…

but there is a reason way - did you see the system? it’s amazing!

the way you can change and edit the front page…so comfortable…

but tell me - Joobla have the possibility to install mods and plugs that alow you to get more options with our store…so, why to pay more?[/QUOTE]

I will admit Interspire’s cart is good, but not worth $1000. The live “Design Mode” is a bit of a gimmick I thought, it’s very limited and not that great. I would rather pay a proffesional to skin my site, which is a lot cheaper.

Joomla’s VirtueMart isn’t too bad, but CS-Cart seems to be put together a lot better. I guess a lot of this is comes down to personal preferences, but I believe CS-Cart executes the function and features a lot better then most other carts.

What products will your sites be selling? What is your current CS-Cart site?

The store deal with dead sea cosmetics products.

cosmetics that making of lots of minerals. very good and healthy to the body.

I know this might be a little too long of a post for most…but I wanted to explain in some detail why [COLOR=“DarkRed”]“CS-CART Rocks!”[/COLOR]…you see, some people need a little more than that statement to make an important decision for their business.

I have used a number of different shopping carts…and tried virtually all of them at one point or another.

I am currently running a Joomla/VirtueMart store while developing a new store based on CS-CART.

My experience is that VirtueMart is a pain in the “arse” if you want/need anything more than just the simple set up. It has nowhere near the “features” I need to sell my products the way I want to sell them…and their Forums are a mess, literally worthless. I’ve got simple questions out there that haven’t been answered for months…

I tried SunShop…it’s a reasonably comparable shopping cart to CS-CART…quite easy to work with and not complicated at all. I could recommend it for those just beginning. However, it didn’t provide everything I needed to do what I want with my store and it costs about the same as CS-CART.

I’ve been through Pinnacle Cart, Interspire, X-Cart, ViArt, DigiShop and Volusion.

None of these can even compare to my CS-CART experience, I’ve actually had “FUN” working with it and the people here on this Forum…I can’t remember the last time I had fun working with an application.

The code, format and functionality is well written and organized, once you understand how it works, it’s been quite simple to do things that I need to do on my own.

Their support has been phenominal! I have made 36 support requests and all but 2 of them were addressed and explained thoroughly the very next day. The 2 that weren’t are currently being worked on. I have the utmost confidence in this shopping cart, their support and the people who volunteer their time on this Forum.

I can honestly say, by my experience and IMHO this is [COLOR=“DarkRed”]BY FAR [/COLOR]the best shopping cart on the market today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choosing a shopping cart:

The key is making sure that the shopping cart provides the essential things you need to run your store the way you want.

Not all shopping carts are created equal.

Before purchasing any shopping cart I would suggest you create a spreadsheet of all the functionality YOU NEED and the functionality you want. Then with this list in hand check out the shopping carts you think would fit your needs.

The questions below are just samples based on what I was looking for…this would be “MUST HAVE” in order for me to even consider the shopping cart:

[QUOTE]Can I sell my products the way I want to?

Does it offer discount, promotions, coupons for selling my products?

Does it offer the shipping configuration I need?

Does it offer the payment method I am currently using or want to use?

Does it offer SEO/SEF for playing nice with search engines?

Does it offer a Returns Management System?[/QUOTE]

Now test the support and response:

How reliable is their support? …or are they ghosts?

Send an email to their support with certain questions you have…

[QUOTE]

1. how long does it take to respond?
  2. do they even respond?
  3. if they respond do they actually answer your questions?

[/QUOTE]

Check out the Forums…this will tell you quite a bit about a product.

Are the Forums “active” or “dead”

Look at some questions asked and see if there was a response?

How long did it take to respond?

Browse the Forum and see if questions are actually getting answers OR are there a bunch of “0’s” under replies?

Simplicity of integration, design and functionality should also be considered. Determine how much you know and how much you will need to know in order to setup the shopping cart the way you want.

[QUOTE]How much time can you invest upfront to getting it all setup?

(More time is spent initially to get the shopping cart configured, designed and setup the way you want it to work)

Will you be able to do it yourself?

Will you need to hire someone to do it for you?[/QUOTE]

Taking these things into consideration

you should be well equiped to make an informed decision and would probably, most assuredly choose CS-CART. :cool:

Well…

I’m using both, CS-Cart and Virtuemart.

On my own experience and case, Virtuemart is successful. CS-Cart, unsuccessful. Sorry, it’s truth.

CS-Cart is a “full loaded” cart with very nice tools as comparison, wishes list, and so on…

Virtuemart is a very basic cart without powerful tools…

In my own case, no one of my customers use comparison features, wishes list, gift certificates… :roll:

But, a lot of my customers ask for PDF Catalog (clothes). CS-Cart cannot do it. Virtuemart yes.

The easiest way would it be most efficient to sell more?

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Well…

I’m using both, CS-Cart and Virtuemart.

On my own experience and case, Virtuemart is successful. CS-Cart, unsuccessful. Sorry, it’s truth.

CS-Cart is a “full loaded” cart with very nice tools as comparison, wishes list, and so on…

Virtuemart is a very basic cart without powerful tools…

In my own case, no one of my customers use comparison features, wishes list, gift certificates… :roll:

But, a lot of my customers ask for PDF Catalog (clothes). CS-Cart cannot do it. Virtuemart yes.

The easiest way would it be most efficient to sell more?

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

I think you hit some key points!!! But have you ever think about the capacity of Virtuemart? Do you believe that Virtuemart can take your business to a very high level?

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]I know this might be a little too long of a post for most…but I wanted to explain in some detail why [COLOR=“DarkRed”]“CS-CART Rocks!”[/COLOR]…you see, some people need a little more than that statement to make an important decision for their business.

I have used a number of different shopping carts…and tried virtually all of them at one point or another.

I am currently running a Joomla/VirtueMart store while developing a new store based on CS-CART.

My experience is that VirtueMart is a pain in the “arse” if you want/need anything more than just the simple set up. It has nowhere near the “features” I need to sell my products the way I want to sell them…and their Forums are a mess, literally worthless. I’ve got simple questions out there that haven’t been answered for months…

I tried SunShop…it’s a reasonably comparable shopping cart to CS-CART…quite easy to work with and not complicated at all. I could recommend it for those just beginning. However, it didn’t provide everything I needed to do what I want with my store and it costs about the same as CS-CART.

I’ve been through Pinnacle Cart, Interspire, X-Cart, ViArt, DigiShop and Volusion.

None of these can even compare to my CS-CART experience, I’ve actually had “FUN” working with it and the people here on this Forum…I can’t remember the last time I had fun working with an application.

The code, format and functionality is well written and organized, once you understand how it works, it’s been quite simple to do things that I need to do on my own.

Their support has been phenominal! I have made 36 support requests and all but 2 of them were addressed and explained thoroughly the very next day. The 2 that weren’t are currently being worked on. I have the utmost confidence in this shopping cart, their support and the people who volunteer their time on this Forum.

I can honestly say, by my experience and IMHO this is [COLOR=“DarkRed”]BY FAR [/COLOR]the best shopping cart on the market today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choosing a shopping cart:

The key is making sure that the shopping cart provides the essential things you need to run your store the way you want.

Not all shopping carts are created equal.

Before purchasing any shopping cart I would suggest you create a spreadsheet of all the functionality YOU NEED and the functionality you want. Then with this list in hand check out the shopping carts you think would fit your needs.

The questions below are just samples based on what I was looking for…this would be “MUST HAVE” in order for me to even consider the shopping cart:

Now test the support and response:

How reliable is their support? …or are they ghosts?

Send an email to their support with certain questions you have…

Check out the Forums…this will tell you quite a bit about a product.

Are the Forums “active” or “dead”

Look at some questions asked and see if there was a response?

How long did it take to respond?

Browse the Forum and see if questions are actually getting answers OR are there a bunch of “0’s” under replies?

Simplicity of integration, design and functionality should also be considered. Determine how much you know and how much you will need to know in order to setup the shopping cart the way you want.

Taking these things into consideration

you should be well equiped to make an informed decision and would probably, most assuredly choose CS-CART. :cool:[/QUOTE]

My God you have written so long speech :shock: