CS Cart Way To SLOWWWW!

Cscart Is Too Slow.

I Can’t Even Import My Data Into My Website.

It Just Locks Up And The Csv Files Do Not Import

I Have Disabled The Stats, Cleaned All Logs And Still Nothing.

Please Help!

how many items in th csv.

mine goes funny at about 500 line so i have to split the csv and do it in stages.

i use csvsplitter which is freeware. google it.

Are you saying that CS-Cart is slow in general or specifically addressing the issue of your CSV import?

How big is your CSV file? See this post regarding large imports:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=61974&highlight=csv+import#post61974[/url]

Bob

Im only using about 100 products at a time. How long does your take to complete… lets say 500 products… how long from upload to when it’s completed???

I used to be able to do about 2000 at a time, and be able to do about quantity 3 at one time… (in different tabs) so really 6,000 at one time.

Now it’s slow and not working, bigjmart.com is the domain.

any other hints or tricks to get it to work.

Importing is not dependent on how many products but rather the file size of the csv. You need to keep it under 8MB. 7MB would be safer.

Of course this doesn’t have anything to do with your issue.

[quote name=‘bigjmart’]Cscart Is Too Slow.

I Can’t Even Import My Data Into My Website.

It Just Locks Up And The Csv Files Do Not Import

I Have Disabled The Stats, Cleaned All Logs And Still Nothing.

Please Help![/quote]

CS-Cart is not slow. There will be another problem. Here are people who serve 10.000+ products with CS-Cart and I don’t think they would stay with CS-Cart if it doesn’t work properly.

I am on a FreeBSD VPS and i upgraded to 768mb and the site smokes now. I’d suggest getting at least this much DEDICATED memory. You will not regret it. Also, site speed will greatly vary depending on server location and where the user is browsing from. A customer that is 5 hops away compared to 14 hops will obviously have better performance. This is why it is somewhat important to locate your web site on a centrally located server. If in the US, Dallas and Chicago are usually good choices…