CS-Cart VS Livecart - which one would you choose today and why?

[quote name=‘Struck’]Livecart is essentially a one man show…

If the perceived value you place on your business justifies building around a platform that could easily vanish overnight, then their free cart is a great deal for you![/QUOTE]

Struck, you reiterate a very valid point made by both you and Traveler earlier. “One man shows” are not statistically stable, and this should weigh heavily on anyone’s choice in a cart (or any product or service).

I do not endorse or discredit livecart, as I do not have any experience with their product. I only offered a correction to a misstatement about their licence, (I’m kind of weird about stuff like that, I like my facts to be factual) so others trying to make a decision are not misinformed.

Well, that’s it, party on.

I don’t like SEO URLs to category:

demo.livecart.com/shop/Digital-Cameras[COLOR=“Red”].52[/COLOR]

I love:

Checkout Process

View Comparison

I tired LiveCart a few weeks before CS-Cart, in 2008. Two years after, in 2010, I confirm my choice:

CS-Cart win the game yet.

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]It doesn’t require you to purchase it to use but what reputable store would have a powered by Livecart link at the bottom of their site? So I agree with Joe’s point of view. This isn’t misinformation.[/QUOTE]

Many sites developed on cs-cart advertised in this forum keep powered by line where they change it only to their site name and link.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Many sites developed on cs-cart advertised in this forum keep powered by line where they change it only to their site name and link.[/QUOTE]

Correct but the point is with Livecart you can’t change that or you break the license agreement and open your self to litigation. CS-Cart you are purchasing the license and can legally change that.