CS-Cart very slow

[quote name=‘onture’]Mines between 5 to 9 secs as well… usually the first time you load the website that part takes the longest ~10 secs. Even clearing the cache it would still take 5 secs.[/QUOTE]

Do you consider it as serious issue? Will it affect our business?

Have you tried any other shopping carts? Which one has better responding time and better design? I like CS-Cart’s looking and design in deed. But to be honest, I haven’t made any other investigation about the other shopping carts.

Well imagine yourself as a customer buying multiple products to build a computer. You need to browse and navigate the categories to select the products you need to build your new PC. If you takes you 5-10 seconds to:

Visit initial site ~10 secs

Click on category/subcategory x ~5 secs

Click on product ~5 secs

Click on add cart ~5 secs

25 secs just to search and add one product! It will turn off the customer. Generally you would want some thing 1-2 secs. But I have over 2500+ categories and 40,000+ products. I have lodged a ticket support to CS-Cart already. I’ll wait for their reply and see if they can do some thing.

I’m trying 4 different carts now. So far CS-Cart is the best for features/pricing. Second would be X-Cart but I’m not too sure on the support according to reviews… The others I won’t bother… I got 3 more to try tomorrow when I get the chance. Will let you know.

As much as I hate reinventing the wheel. Worst comes to worst I’ll just create my own cart. I need my RMA script integrated too so it may be an option. I was hoping to integrate it with CS-Cart’s hooks/block platform.

[quote name=‘freebull’]Do you consider it as serious issue? Will it affect our business?

Have you tried any other shopping carts? Which one has better responding time and better design? I like CS-Cart’s looking and design in deed. But to be honest, I haven’t made any other investigation about the other shopping carts.[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart has replied to be ticket and they did not experience the slowness when importing my csv. They have requested FTP info for further diagnostic. See how it goes!

[quote name=‘freebull’]Do you consider it as serious issue? Will it affect our business?

Have you tried any other shopping carts? Which one has better responding time and better design? I like CS-Cart’s looking and design in deed. But to be honest, I haven’t made any other investigation about the other shopping carts.[/QUOTE]

After the diagnostic, it was mentioned the server could be the cause of the slowness. But I highly doubt it as I have tried it on two dedicated servers with one running dual Xeons/24gb ram/RAID 10 SAS drives. They have mention that the category/products from the csv runs fine on their server…

MySQL cache was mentioned and optimizing/index the database tables. Theses were done already. I have taken it up with the VPS host and they temporarily increased the resource CPU/memory and it was still slow.

I decided to experiment myself and deleted all the products except the categories. When I clicked on the categories it was still slow…

I went into settings/design/blocks and clicked on all pages tab. I deliberately disabled category block and tried to access the website. Behold it was fast! 1-2 seconds. I reactivated the category block and tried again. It was slow… I clicked on edit category block and saw Filing method. I switched that from Emenu to Dynamic.

With the category block activated and Filing method changed to Dynamic. The site was fast 1-2 seconds. I tried Emenu and Plain, but they were slow.

So it seems the category is too much for Emenu to handle?! I have 3600 categories with the maximum subcategory expanded to 4 branches. Keeping in mind there is zero products as I have deleted them already!

For those who experience slowness you can try and set your Filing type to Dynamic in your Design/Blocks/All Pages & Edit Category block.

Please let CS cart know what you found as it seems to be a CS cart problem and it would be very interesting to hear their response.

And even more intreresting if they can fix the problem.

CS-Cart has confirmed it’s a well known problem.

[QUOTE]I can suggest that you should not use such a filling (E-menu and Plain) in the blocks for a while. It is a well-known problem with the blocks and our engineers are working on it. Perhaps, a new mechanism of the blocks will be included in one of the nearest CS-Cart versions, and caching of the blocks will be also added. That should solve your problems.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they can resolve this in the next future release…

[quote name=‘onture’]CS-Cart has confirmed it’s a well known problem.

Hopefully they can resolve this in the next future release…[/QUOTE]

Please send this as very critical bug in bugtracker, because i mean this is very important and cant wait until the next release comes out! This must fixed very fast!

I was having 30 second load times with Statistics “disabled”. I “uninstalled” Statistics and my load times are a second or 2. Try it for yourself!

Why do we continue to have the same problems with this software?

I disabled it in the addons already. But not uninstalled. Not sure if that will make any difference… ?

[quote name=‘dspotskey’]I was having 30 second load times with Statistics “disabled”. I “uninstalled” Statistics and my load times are a second or 2. Try it for yourself!

Why do we continue to have the same problems with this software?[/QUOTE]

It made a huge difference. 30 seconds to 2 seconds. Disable does not stop the program from trying to collect the info. Unistall the statisics addon.

• Total: 949125
    • Activ: 949121

that is my number of categories in my cs-cart store

i used banner module instead of showing direct categories on main-page

my advice

BANNERS …make banner with main categories using html script to link to pages and in pages write in html links to sub-subcategories . therefore store will load instant and when user clicks on link will be redirected to a page containing links to subcategories and next click will load only sub-categories from mysql not the hole database.

problem with this solution - Bye bye friendly seo urls but youre store will have unlimited number of products and categories.

hope a cs-cart admin see what y done and give me some advice

another suggestion if you have a VPS is to install eAccelerator. This increased my load times 80%.

It’s so nice that we’ve learned so much from this thread.

This is a good thread that we all should become familiar with. I have done some testing with my site and have found that uninstalling statistics unfortunately is a MUST. I saw much better response times by doing this. I also tried eAccelerator and did not have much success with my current build of FreeBSD so I tried out “XCache” and the difference so far is amazing. Response times are so much better running XCache. Some of you might want to look into adding that to your server if you haven’t tried it. You can see it in action on my site if you wish…

I just checked the speed of your site using Pingdom and it says that your site takes about 13.2 seconds to load which isn’t really all that great.

My site takes about 5.2 seconds to load using the same test. By comparing our sites it looks like we have a similar amount of images and so our speed should be similar.

One thing I have done that has been a huge help is use Gzip. You can find more information on how to use it at:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14032&highlight=gzip[/url]

I hope that helps,

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I just checked the speed of your site using Pingdom and it says that your site takes about 13.2 seconds to load which isn’t really all that great.

My site takes about 5.2 seconds to load using the same test. By comparing our sites it looks like we have a similar amount of images and so our speed should be similar.

One thing I have done that has been a huge help is use Gzip. You can find more information on how to use it at:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14032&highlight=gzip[/url]

I hope that helps,

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Yeah your site is about the same for me here on the east coast. 13.5 seconds. Is your site hosted in California? My site is in NC. I already have gzip compression done…that’s a no brainer actually. I think I actually have too many images…

Also Brandon, it really depends on where that pingdom tester is located. It might be right next door to your server. I don’t usually trust those testing tools. I try to go by my conversions as to how the site runs usually. If they are up then I know all is well. LOL

I wasn’t really talking about the time it takes me to load your site, I was talking about the speed from Pingdom.

I don’t really know what is the best way to test the speed of a site, but Pingdom is pretty good.

I would definitely love to increase the speed of my site more. I’m not really sure the best way to do it.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I wasn’t really talking about the time it takes me to load your site, I was talking about the speed from Pingdom.

I don’t really know what is the best way to test the speed of a site, but Pingdom is pretty good.

I would definitely love to increase the speed of my site more. I’m not really sure the best way to do it.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. I think Images are an issue but the main problem I have with CS-cart is how slow it is in the cart screens and between checkout steps. I am using the FedEx real time calculation and from the address step to the shipping method step, it takes a good 10 seconds to retrieve the data. I’d like to cut that in half at least.

I will say I see dramatic improvement at least from where I sit to my site with XCache running. I like it so far but that doesn’t excuse me from cleaning up the site to make it perform better. I do see I have some work to do!

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I wasn’t really talking about the time it takes me to load your site, I was talking about the speed from Pingdom.

Brandon[/quote]

Hi,

you can try Host-Tracker: http://host-tracker.com

It will be checked from ~60 different locations over the world.

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]I am using the FedEx real time calculation and from the address step to the shipping method step, it takes a good 10 seconds to retrieve the data. I’d like to cut that in half at least.[/quote]

That might be an other problem when e.g. the online check fails or the 3rd party server loads too slow.