CS-Cart v2.2.4 released

Hi, does anyone know which tables in the database was changed? I backup the database in 2.2.3 and uploaded to 2.2.4 on a fresh install and got “error occured”. So I was able to import the users, products and picture with import / export data but if I could upload the whole database minus the tables that had changes that would save me a lot of work.

Thanks,

D.

[quote name='Belzibot' timestamp='1321777751' post='126347']

Hi, does anyone know which tables in the database was changed? I backup the database in 2.2.3 and uploaded to 2.2.4 on a fresh install and got “error occured”. So I was able to import the users, products and picture with import / export data but if I could upload the whole database minus the tables that had changes that would save me a lot of work.

Thanks,

D.

[/quote]

You should install 2.2.3, import your 2.2.3 database, then run the upgrade to 2.2.4. There will be controllers in 2.2.4 which processes the data and creates new tables, fields, removes fields, etc, accordingly.

Hi

Have just upgraded from 2.1.4 through to latest version and it went smooth as silk.

The only problem I have found is the Manufacturers don't display in product additional info!

The title is there but no manufacturer. Only small glitch though!

Hi

This is the answer to my problem…

CS-Cart Version 2.2.4 Bug? - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

Probably needs something doing with it in next upgrade as remembering to change this is unlikely!!!

is it around the time to see 2.2.5?

Was thinking so too.

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1325147380' post='128613']

Hi

This is the answer to my problem…

http://forum.cs-cart…__fromsearch__1

Probably needs something doing with it in next upgrade as remembering to change this is unlikely!!!

[/quote]

Funny enough I reported this to CS-Cart and they told me they could not duplicate the issue.

Doubt you will see any more 2.x releases… Expect to see 3.x starting with RC (release candidates) in a while…

can we upgrade cs-cart 2.2.* manual without going to admin?

@vidan,

Have no idea what you are asking.

Suggest you ask cs-cart what their upgrade plans are. For 2.x, they didn't offer an upgrade until 2.0.8 and that is the only version that you can upgrade from a 1.x version. Other threads indicate that an upgrade will NOT be available in the first release.

@tbirnseth, i try an upgrade from admin, but it said download package error, thats why i wonder if i can manually upgrade (by download the new tgz, replace all old cs-cart files.

is it possible?

or the only way to upgrade cs-cart by admin.php

I've ran into this before. I just ftp'd into my site and deleted the upgrade package. Then I cleared my cache and did the upgrade thing again. It then downloaded fresh files and I was able to do the upgrade.

Not saying that will fix your problem, but it might be worth a shot.

Thanks,

Brandon

hey @brandonvd, thanks that work :)

Sweet, glad it did.

Brandon

Any news on CS-CART 2.2.5 ? I thought it usually around 1months

Thanks

CS-Cart 3.0 will be the next relase. But this will be available when it is ready.

I sure hope they do have a 2.2.5 and fix “just” the bugs. I'm sure it will be a few months to a year before version 3 will be able to go live.

waiting for 2.2.5, too lazy to patch the bug fix manuallu

You know exactly what happened at the release of version 2.2.0.

So let us time to update to 3.0 and published a bug-fixed version 2.2.5 still prefer.

Not to tax anyone's memory, but 2.2.4 was a bugfix only release. There will always be new bugs discovered. A lot easier to simply apply the ones you need as you encounter them. Helpdesk or bugtracker is the best place to get bugs resolved. 80% of bugs don't affect 80% of users. One of the things about using a full featured product is that bugs can be in obscure areas not used by most people.