CS-Cart ROI Vs. Virtuemart ROI

Hello All,

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]Well since he wont give out his URL’s, most of us will never know.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=56249&postcount=7[/url]

Please! [COLOR=“Red”]Don’t write here the URL of my websites.[/COLOR] Many thanks!

My Virtuemart website is #1 on Google’s natural SERP to this request:

Robe Chinoise

My CS-Cart website is #1 on Google’s natural SERP to this request:

Robe Enfant

[quote name=‘KBM’]Post Number 7 links to his/her website.

The joomla website loads faster for me and it looks nicer. The CS-Cart site looks too normal. I would buy something from the joomla site because it looks more attractive and user friendly.[/QUOTE]

I know this fact.

This is why I write this message:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=7212[/url]

Results:

[url]http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/[/url]

CS-Cart Download Time at 56Kb: 47.63 seconds

Joomla Download Time at 56Kb: 26.81 seconds

For example, here is the CS-Cart 2 demo product page result:

CS-Cart 2 Demo Download Time at 56Kb: 82.57 seconds

I can’t speed up more CS-Cart 1.3.5, because my CSS file is only 13Kb. Usualy CS-Cart 1.3.5 CSS file is >30Kb.

So, my skin is really more basic :frowning:

Becareful!

1 - CS-Cart has more page (error, my account, compare, Wish List, orders, etc…) so CSS file is bigger than Joomla.

2 - CS-Cart has more Java (Ajax) so CS-Cart weight page is heaviest than Joomla.

Question is:

Ajax and interactivities are the best thing to sell more?

Or…

Is a very simple, but very fast website is better to sell more?

[quote name=‘Triplets’]Her Cs-Cart site has very little text on the home page to help with search ranking.

Her joomla site has much more text to be indexed by search engines and has more links in the catalog toolbar.

Using different designs (and content) means we are not really comparing apples to apples anymore.[/QUOTE]

No need to compare rankings. These 2 websites are #1 on Google. Just compare conversion rates.

Number of Sales/Number of Unique Visitors X 100 = Conversion Rate

Whether you have 1,000 or 100,000 visitors, you can calculate your ROI.

ROI is only a percentage.

Lee Li Pop

hey girl,

stop acting nuts and change that skin of your shop in first place,second,all software has pros and contras,it’s only up to you to evaluate them!If you can’t have a huge site with cs…well …that means you have so much money that you could buy your custom platform cms for your cart almost:p .So stop creating mayhen and start working hard!

To be honest I wouldn’t purchase from either site. Both are poorly designed. Currently both sites look cheesy and quickly thrown together.

A professional looking store front and shopping experience should be your first goal. Your colors, links, graphics, etc make an unpleasant shopping experience for your customer.

I would definitely invest in a professional looking template (higher a professional) and I bet your sales would go up.

It has nothing to do with the cart engine behind the scenes. It has all to do with the shopping experience the customer feels when visiting your site.

It works this way for brick and mortar stores and it works this way on the Internet.

Please do not take my post the wrong way, but sometimes it takes an outside perspective to bring your focus back to were it belongs. Stop playing with the engine behind the scenes and spend some time with the cosmetics of your site.

My 1/2 cent worth

David

[quote name=‘Triplets’]

My 1/2 cent worth

David[/QUOTE]

I quote!:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘gabrieluk’]hey girl,

stop acting nuts and change that skin of your shop in first place,second,all software has pros and contras,it’s only up to you to evaluate them!If you can’t have a huge site with cs…well …that means you have so much money that you could buy your custom platform cms for your cart almost:p .So stop creating mayhen and start working hard![/QUOTE]

Who are you to insult me? Are your parents raised you in love or hate?

You the newcomer?

Do you want to proove us of your great soul and your big heart?

Who are you, you the newcomer who knows and uses CS-Cart for a few days?

What is your ROI with CS-Cart?

Lee Li Pop

Hello David,

[quote name=‘Triplets’]Stop playing with the engine behind the scenes and spend some time with the cosmetics of your site.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s an idea. BUT, if you improve your cosmetics, you increase in the same way size and weight of your CSS and pictures…

Your website is slower than slower.

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’] insult me?

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

I didn’t mean when i said “acting nuts” to insult you.I just feel that i was trying to help you with some ideas,but i realized that is not a “real” solution you are looking for…

And apart that,i might be a newcomer to cs,but i’ve been working with computers for about 12 years and marketing manager,so i think you shouldn’t underestimate people like that…

best regards

Back on track people.

My finger lingers on the delete posts button, not withstanding “close thread”

to be honest you cannot compare in any way shape or form the two sites…

Remember that one store is targeting adults and the other children.

To me it is easy to explain that adults have spending power and as such will buy items. Children have no spending power unless they nag their parents - hence children browser 20x what they buy…

You cannot compare ROI on a site selling different products to different markets…

based on your stats i have a underwear site that gets 0.025% ROI as they have so many people just there to look at women in the pictures. I have another site selling dental products getting a near 15% ROI as she has fewer but more dedicated customers, who are repeat customers, to a not very popular product range.

I cannot compare these two - and you’d be very hard pushed to compare yours too.

Hello Nevsie,

Thank you for your testimonial.

1 - Children have no money power… What about the toy market?

One of my friends sells toys over the Internet, and he’s very happy with!

2 - Thank you for your comparison Underwear Vs. Dental Products. Very interesting.

This makes me think…

Question:

Are your two websites work with the REALLY same Cart Software?

Same engine release, same design, same checkout process, etc…

Lee Li Pop

Hello All,

Currently, Moka complains about of his new conversion rate of 2.0 CSC, which he has dropped significantly.

Moka, it would be interesting to know why your conversion rate is so low with CSC 2.0?

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/member.php?u=1506[/url]

In fact, to read his signature, to save his business, he returned to CSC 1.3.5. What big step beyond!

Does CSC 2.0 is a good salesman?

For Moka, the answer is clear: No.

[QUOTE]REVERTED to 1.3.5

conversion rates dropped significantly with 2.0

my shoppers are happy again![/QUOTE]

Now, ask yourself this question:

Moka, does CSC 1.3.5 is the [COLOR=“Blue”]best[/COLOR] salesman for the web?

For me, I always ask myself the question.

Pending the fixes of all bugs of CSC 2.0…

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello All,

Now, ask yourself this question:

Moka, does CSC 1.3.5 is the [COLOR=Blue]best[/COLOR] salesman for the web?

For me, I always ask myself the question.

Pending the fixes of all bugs of CSC 2.0…

Lee Li Pop[/quote]

Good question and it turns out to be true that 2.0 has less power of selling. I did find that previous version and other shopping carts perform better in sales.

However, since csc 2.0 is still quite new and I’d like to know what are main factors of this issue.

BTW, Moka is actually a she…

My experience has been as follows:

On 1.3.5 we were getting a 5-6% conversion rate. We tanked to about 1-2% on 2.0 even with a sale we put on out of desperation. This is based on about 1 month’s worth of data. Traffic has been more or less the same (between 300-600 uniques/day) and our bounce rate was the same (around 28%). There was little change in the funnel leading to final checkout, so it has something to do with people wanting to add to cart. We reverted back to 1.3.5 and IMMEDIATELY saw conversion rates go back up.

It may have something to do with our customer base, mostly moms and brides. I don’t know if it was too “technical” with the search filter. The other thing that I believe may be an issue is the fact that features are now buried in the tabs rather than in the buy box. People don’t like to read or look for information. You have 4 seconds to grab people’s attention. Features in the buy box was easy to find.

The issue was so big that I basically tossed out 3 months of work getting 2.0 ready. I miss some features that worked well for our products in 2.0 but I can definitely live without. Bells and whistles are useless if they are just going to chase your customers away.

I realize you can’t really take the data at face value without doing randomized split testing over a longer period of time (my “real job” is in science, so analyzing data is a forte). However, I couldn’t afford to lose the sales to apply the full scientific method as the decrease was so great!

BTW Joe, thanks for the gender correction! :smiley:

Lee Li Pop,

Part of the problem with comparing your 2 sites is that you are comparing 2 completely different products. You can’t assume it is the cart. For me, it is easy to shop online for myself. I know my size, style, etc. It is harder for children. I never shop online for my children (3 kids) because children’s sizes vary a lot. I will shop in stores for them because I can SEE the clothing and know it will fit. My little girl will vary between 3 different size, depending on the style.

Also, as an adult, I have the opportunity to wear nice clothes more often. Your dresses for the girls are for very important occasions. So far my girl has attended no such event that requires such a beautiful dress.

I hope this helps.

Hello Moka,

Thank you so much for your testimonial and advice!

Your conversion rate is incredible! Congratulation!

One question:

On your 1.3.5, your checkout process is NOT on “One page checkout”.

What was your checkout process on 2.0? “One page checkout”?

I add your site to my favorites. You become my reference site.

Lee Li Pop

Hi. I did not use one page checkout on either. I think cscart’s 1 page checkout is too confusing for most people.

[QUOTE]Hi. I did not use one page checkout on either. I think cscart’s 1 page checkout is too confusing for most people.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I find it to be extremely well laid out & intuitive! Obviously it’s more important in how my customers view the checkout process, but I can’t imagine much confusion on their part, especially for repeat customer visits.

I used to have 1 page checkout, but amazingly, I had a lot of people that just couldn’t figure it out. I was on live help taking them step by step. i haven’t had an issue since I switched to multiple page checkout. The less someones sees at once, the less they and are used to. Amazon, 1800flowers, victorias secret are all on the top converting websites. They all have multiple step checkout. My belief is “cool” is not always best. I actually use my husband and parents as guinea pigs. It took hubby a year to figure out how to access his email. :smiley:

[quote name=‘moka’]I used to have 1 page checkout, but amazingly, I had a lot of people that just couldn’t figure it out. I was on live help taking them step by step. i haven’t had an issue since I switched to multiple page checkout. The less someones sees at once, the less they and are used to. Amazon, 1800flowers, victorias secret are all on the top converting websites. They all have multiple step checkout. My belief is “cool” is not always best. I actually use my husband and parents as guinea pigs. It took hubby a year to figure out how to access his email. :D[/quote]

Thank you for such good wise advice!

I’ll change my checkout process as soon as possible.

Moka, your post is very constructive, thank you for your kindness.

Lee Li Pop

hi sorry for the very slow reply… to my way above post…

1. Children have no buying power… my point was that they do not have the money, the parents do. hence the child will view a lot online before convincing the parent to buy.

I am not saying that childrens products will not sell online - clearly they will - but it is the parent that will do most of the buying, and the children most of the viewing (hence twice as many views, to conversion rates).

2. Comaprison underwear vs dental

These are both on the same version, same engine, and same process. However, of course the designs are different as i tailor all my designs specifically to the company and products i am selling for. Both have the same step by step processes to signin, add, buy, etc - but different designs.

As for the people who see a drop when changing a site from 1.3.5 to 2.0 - what are you expecting?

For starters the whole page HTML for each product will be different. The search engines will treat these as new pages, and have to re-rank / position them accordingly. Key word densities will have changed, URLs might have changed, and familiar customers will become unfamiliar with the design and operation and become purchase shy… This will always happen.

From the latest build i am doing for a client, the SEO of the templates has vastly improved in the quality of the HTML, and all other attributes are as good as previous 1.3.5 versions. Therefore, it is the waiting game for rankings to build up like when adding new pages. Instant results when reverting can also be expected - as search engines will relist old rankings quite quickly.

I understand that conversions take into consideration lower traffic levels, hence this should be a good comparison. However, in my eyes it is not as ranking for profitable keywords will give a higher conversion rate, than traffic from not relevant sources. If you see my logic…

I will see how the latest 2.0 build goes when i release - but personally from the current build i am doing i cannot see any major complaints. Although… the checkout could do with some tweaking like i have done!.