Cs-Cart Progress: February 2019 Video Report

Any news about progress report for march?

Any news about progress report for march?

It's planned for this week. I'd say Tuesday or Wednesday, unless something changes.

Will be able vendors to use addon Stores and pickup points? In demo couldn't figure out.

Regards

Yes, they will be able to do it, unless you limit their ability to do so. For example, at https://dev.demo.mv.cs-cart.com the default user group for vendors' administrators doesn't allow access to stores and pickup points. That can be changed either by disabling the "Vendors" user group, or by granting that group the necessary privilege. The privilege is currently called "Store locator", but we may change its name before the release of 4.10.1.

As a non-programmer, I see only one problem here: the fact that it required to specify the value of a "Text" feature multiple times for different languages. I can't promise anything just yet, but I'll ask if we can do something about it.

If you are talking about the "Text" feature of the group "Others", then the value should be different for each language. I think the current behavior is correct and cann't be better than this. When I first experienced it, I was amazed at the level of attention to details that CS-Cart team pay.

What is really need to be improved is "Text" feature of the group "Select box". The ability to translate newly-added variants on product editing page should be added. Currently, if I want to add a variant for a "Text" feature on product editing page, I go through this:

- Go to features Tab.

- "Enter other" variant for the required feature.

- Save

- Change language (to translate the newly added variant).

- No option to translate the new variant on the page I created it (namely product editing page). I ended up adding two many repeated and doubled variants.

- I have to go to features menu and translate the variant there.

So, either remove the ablitiy to add other variant on product page or add the possiblity to translate them.

If you are talking about the "Text" feature of the group "Others", then the value should be different for each language.

I created a help desk ticket to this effect with the usual resolution "Working as designed". So I no more use Other Text features. When you have many languages it is important that the features are saved in all languages at once - and there is an option to subsequently translate the variants of the feature into as many languages as you want.

Multiple Select is also a must

I understand that it would be great for a CS-Cart user to get an all new and awesome look in one of the updates. Still, everyone would need to tailor it for their needs, and third-party developers might have to update their add-ons to work with a new theme.

Although a new theme isn't planned at this time (whether or not it will be added in the future depends on demand for it), we are planning to rework the checkout page in version 4.10.1. In my opinion, that does count as an improvement to the customer side.

I agree with you on this. What I like in CS-Cart is their concentration on features. The design is not an issue at all as everyone has his own identity and branding. Moreover, changing the design by 3rd-parties smoother than having them add new features. I mean front end development produces fewer bugs and no fatal errors than backend.

However, CS-Cart should pave the way for developers to create and implement modern features. To name few, there should be an improvement for:

1- Upgrading UI JS libraries like JQuery UI, Owl Carousel.. etc. For example, I wanted to apply stage-padding to one of my scroller, I couldn't becuase of an outdated Owl version.

2- Changing Image previewers to modern ones. It is the time to get rid of this magnific pop-up and shift to PhotoSwipe. Also, the versions of these previeweres are still outdated. BTW, source files size of PhotoSwipe if very similar to Magnific Popup.

3- The recent improvements to the Layout manager is great. It should be enhanced to include Pages Hirarchy, adding CSS/JS blocks, AJAX updates, Changes History... etc. We should be able to inherit layout blocks from a master layout. The ability to add a block with custom CSS/JS code is also needed.

4- Dynamic linking of Google Fonts API, Fontawsome icons... etc.

I created a help desk ticket to this effect with the usual resolution "Working as designed". So I no more use Other Text features. When you have many languages it is important that the features are saved in all languages at once - and there is an option to subsequently translate the variants of the feature into as many languages as you want.

Multiple Select is also a must

There are cases where store owners prefer hiding a feature than showing it not-translated especially for languages with diferent directiosn (RTL - LTR).

I agree with you on this. What I like in CS-Cart is their concentration on features. The design is not an issue at all as everyone has his own identity and branding. Moreover, changing the design by 3rd-parties smoother than having them add new features. I mean front end development produces fewer bugs and no fatal errors than backend.

However, CS-Cart should pave the way for developers to create and implement modern features. To name few, there should be an improvement for:

1- Upgrading UI JS libraries like JQuery UI, Owl Carousel.. etc. For example, I wanted to apply stage-padding to one of my scroller, I couldn't becuase of an outdated Owl version.

2- Changing Image previewers to modern ones. It is the time to get rid of this magnific pop-up and shift to PhotoSwipe. Also, the versions of these previeweres are still outdated. BTW, source files size of PhotoSwipe if very similar to Magnific Popup.

3- The recent improvements to the Layout manager is great. It should be enhanced to include Pages Hirarchy, adding CSS/JS blocks, AJAX updates, Changes History... etc. We should be able to inherit layout blocks from a master layout. The ability to add a block with custom CSS/JS code is also needed.

4- Dynamic linking of Google Fonts API, Fontawsome icons... etc.

We are going to release some changes in 4.10 from the list.

1. The jquery will be updated to v3.3.1

2. CloudZoom plugin will be replaced with ImageZoom. We also added swipe for product images. It's important for mobile devices
3. That could make Layout manager bigger and more difficult to understand, so no such plans yet.

We are going to release some changes in 4.10 from the list.

1. The jquery will be updated to v3.3.1

2. CloudZoom plugin will be replaced with ImageZoom. We also added swipe for product images. It's important for mobile devices
3. That could make Layout manager bigger and more difficult to understand, so no such plans yet.

Thanks imac. Looking forward to the next version. Especially for the new checkout design.

It's planned for this week. I'd say Tuesday or Wednesday, unless something changes.

I understand that something changed, right? Any new date?

I’ve just received the video a few minutes ago. All I need is watch it, add timestamps, and post it on the forums. It will be done within 2 or 3 hours (probably sooner).

Great! Thanks for the info :-)